The Student Room Group

Year 11 mock Exams - how many?

I am going into year 11 soon and just wanted to know how many exams do you take for the year 11 mock is it all of them or just like maths and English. I think it is all of them. Also i would like to know when you start apply cause my year 10 mocks aint look the best.
It depends how your school does it. You should sit at least one mock in every paper you're sitting in the summer. For me, I had a full set of mocks in November for everything except English Lit, so we did that in January, and then I had a full set in March and am about to sit more mocks in Science and English Lit. No college will ever look at your Year 10 grades, don't worry :smile: Just make sure you revise for your mocks because that revision and the resources you make will be invaluable to you when you come to starting your final revision.
Good luck next year :smile:
I did two official sets of mock: one in December and one in April. There were also unofficial ones done in lesson time throughout the year.
I started revision in December for my first lot of mocks and then had a break for a few weeks until January, where I started and continued for the rest of the year.
Some subjects may not do a mock if you haven't completed enough of the syllabus (e.g. I didn't do biology paper 2 and paper 3 re).
Don't pressure yourself too much too early on but make sure you are aware of the exam dates. Hope you have a good year 11 :wink:

Quick Reply