The Student Room Group

Meeting entry requirements as a mature student

For years I've been dreaming of becoming a teacher (I'm 26). Having decided to get on with it, I'm looking at a primary education degree.
My problem is, when I was in school I didn't care so much and only have 60 UCAS points, the courses require 112.
So I'm thinking that retaking my maths A level (got an E) would help show that I've changed. Along with another subject. However, I also have to work full time for now, will I have time to do 2 A levels? Is there a possibility I could get in with just one more A level to show I'm committed? I was hoping to start uni in the 2019/2020 academic year.
Original post by OnaMission
For years I've been dreaming of becoming a teacher (I'm 26). Having decided to get on with it, I'm looking at a primary education degree.
My problem is, when I was in school I didn't care so much and only have 60 UCAS points, the courses require 112.
So I'm thinking that retaking my maths A level (got an E) would help show that I've changed. Along with another subject. However, I also have to work full time for now, will I have time to do 2 A levels? Is there a possibility I could get in with just one more A level to show I'm committed? I was hoping to start uni in the 2019/2020 academic year.

Talk to the unisabout if they are willing to accept

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending