University of Birmingham entry requirements for psychology

Watch
D.A278
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’m planing on applying to the university of Birmingham to study either Psychology BSc (Hons) or Psychology and Psychological Practice MSci (Hons), and I’m wondering if an A-level in psychology is required. Can someone please help.
username1896979
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergr...ryRequirements

if you look on their website it says they just require 3 A's however my friend got ABB in her alevels last year and they still let her in
the list of subjects they dont accept are: Critical Studies, Critical Thinking, Science in Society, World Development, Communication and Culture, Citizenship Studies and Use of Maths.

it does not say you need to have studied psychology so no

if this helps please rep this reply
D.A278
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you.
Charlotteellis3
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I don’t know whether this is too late but I applied for the Msci Psychology and psychological practice and Got an offer for A*AA but even if I don’t get those grades on results day and say i get AAA I would still be accepted into the normal course automatically. They will consider you for the Bsc if you don’t meet the requirements for the Msci. Hope this helps 😊
Psych Life
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by D.A278)
I’m planing on applying to the university of Birmingham to study either Psychology BSc (Hons) or Psychology and Psychological Practice MSci (Hons), and I’m wondering if an A-level in psychology is required. Can someone please help.
No you don't need it, especially for the BSc course. It's not required for the masters but they might like you more if you have it.

Ps. Birmingham is a great uni
ThyNDS
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Charlotteellis3)
I don’t know whether this is too late but I applied for the Msci Psychology and psychological practice and Got an offer for A*AA but even if I don’t get those grades on results day and say i get AAA I would still be accepted into the normal course automatically. They will consider you for the Bsc if you don’t meet the requirements for the Msci. Hope this helps 😊
Hello. Can you transfer to Msci if you didn’t Initially apply for it. For example if I’m doing bsc psych and perhaps apply for Msci will they consider it???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.31%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.81%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.01%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (213)
46.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads