Elizabethboo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
how do I cope with GCSEs when i can't even get myself out of bed?

I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome/ME. I have suffered since I was seven and i am now nearly 16 and about to face my GCSEs
The workload and amount of revision is immense and i struggle to keep up without wearing myself out completely. I have been emitted into hospital twice since January (both times during a set of mocks) because I was working myself too hard and need up really ill.
I don't know how to cope with all of this! All i want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep but I'm already behind from the amount of time of i have had (40% of my school education) and I'm just struggling to stay positive.

But at least its only maths that I'm failing.
Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Elizabethboo)
how do I cope with gases when i can't even get myself out of bed?
give yourself rest days. babes don't overwork yourself, that state isn't going to help your revision. you need to be healthy and happy.
Elizabethboo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mrs.Grey)
give yourself rest days. babes don't overwork yourself, that state isn't going to help your revision. you need to be healthy and happy.
Thank you
G-Wizzle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you checked with your school what special consideration you can get for exams, as this may take the pressure off a little?

I suffer from chronic fatigue (though it is only very mild - I struggle to imagine what you're going through) so I get rest breaks in exams, which I'm sure you'd be allowed.

I hope the best for you and I'm sure you'll get through it.
Elizabethboo
Rep:
?
(Original post by G-Wizzle)
Have you checked with your school what special consideration you can get for exams, as this may take the pressure off a little?

I suffer from chronic fatigue (though it is only very mild - I struggle to imagine what you're going through) so I get rest breaks in exams, which I'm sure you'd be allowed.

I hope the best for you and I'm sure you'll get through it.
Yes my mum has spoken to the school about it as the hospital got in touch with them requesting rest breaks. I can't have not be given them for my mocks just extra time but I might get them for the actual exams if they can figure it out. ( they were very vague about what would happen)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (66)
17.55%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.72%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.77%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.77%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.19%

Watched Threads