?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Anyone know what to do?
business18
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
just been given this exam info and have no idea to start let me know if you find anything
laiba6732
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
can someone help me to find any information for this
amywaugh
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hi would also appreciate some help
lolo_cleary
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Validity & reliability

If it measure what it claims, if it can be applied to the whole market and if the information is the same.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jordanp.../#238114ab4054 - Jan 12, Up to date info he’s a music entrepreneur for a well-known music company however it’s American (Forbes contributor)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-since-2009/ - up to date, the same info as the research

https://prezi.com/2fkuvt3bmotb/vinyl-records/ 2013,

http://www.cityam.com/243071/sainsburys-were-the-biggest-vinyl-record-retailer-hmv-er-no-youre-not 2016, quotes from business, author city chief reporter

http://www.cityam.com/242844/have-we...ecord-retailer 2016, city’s digital editor

https://www.austinchronicle.com/musi...price-you-pay/ 2014, music website

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...d=9C8BHQ52BSAW amazon

https://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...-on-the-market official chart music e.g.

This are the links that i have used throughout half my research
lucylou121
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
can anyone find any marketing campaigns n vinyl messaged hmv and they will not help
Izzy2208
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
FORBES

• Implement a local campaign with the Company’s targeted market via the use of flyers, local newspaper advertisements, and word of mouth advertising.

During the first two months of operation, the Company will have grand opening materials that will be prominently displayed as part of the Vinyl Record Store’s signage. The Company will also regularly host open microphone nights, musician visits, and other community events. This will ensure a significant amount of foot traffic to the business, which will further drive both sales of vinyl records and café sales. At the onset of operations, Management will distribute flyers and circulars to local music venues and bars. Finally, Mr. Doe will develop and register a website that will showcase the

location, relevant contact information, inventory of vinyl records, and scheduling of community events hosted by the Vinyl Record Store. In time, this website may feature functionality that would allow customers to order a vinyl record in stock in an e-commerce capacity. This could substantially increase the volume of the business. The website will also provide information regarding the sale of record inventories to the Vinyl Record Store.

As CD and digital sales decline in the wake of streaming services like Spotify and Pandora, record sales are on the rise. In fact, the format has seen 260% growth since 2009. While CDs sit on shelves, vinyl supply is having a hard time keeping up with demand. It may not have seemed possible 10 years ago, but vinyl is back.

The guardian

a new wave of people influenced by the media hype, people who heard about the comeback and felt compelled to buy back their old records.

“From conversations I’ve had, people have got rid of their collection, normally around 1998 or 1999. Customers who once sold their vinyl to buy CDs are now selling their CDs to buy their records back,”

An ICM poll in April revealed that almost 50% of people who bought a vinyl album the previous month had yet to listen to it. The poll also found that 41% have a turntable they never use, while 7% of those who purchase vinyl don’t own a record player. (At this stage of the news report, I would probably be looking gravely concerned while flicking through a stack of bossa nova compilations.)

INDEPENDENT -Vinyl sales increased again in 2017

YouGov Profiles data suggests that records' resurgence is rooted in middle-aged nostalgia. When compared to the adult population as a whole, those that have purchased a vinyl album recently are more likely to be aged between 45-54. By contrast, those in the 18-24 aged group are the least likely.

For me, this suggests that vinyl is a "snob" good and people are buying them as a status symbol.

This suggests that demand may be inelastic - and this means revenues go up when prices go up.

Therefore all the complaints about the price of vinyl can be explained in one economic term – inflation!

4.1 million vinyl albums were sold in the UK in 2017

Vinyl now accounts for roughly 3% of all music consumed, including digital, streaming, and physical releases.

-VS MAGAZINE

Market trends
  • Promoting vinyl record as special editions/deluxe product
  • Many private labels and retailers have begun promoting records
  • Changing format sales: From independent to online to subscription basis

Market drivers
  • Aesthetic appeal of vinyl records
  • Promotional events like Record Store Day
  • Culture, classic, and contemporary feel of vinyl records

Market challenges
  • Coping with the demand is a major challenge being faced by manufacturers
  • Challenge from the digital music format
  • Low investments

• Vinyl's extraordinary resurgence is continuing at full strength in the UK. According to data from the Entertainment Retailers Association (ERA), vinyl album sales outstripped digital with 2.4 million pounds worth of sales to 2.1 in week 48 of 2016. As good as the figures look for vinyl - an increase of 1.2 million on 2015 - they are equally as bad for digital with a fall of 2.3 million on the same week last year.
  • The ad will be rolled out in 33 independent cinemas across the UK, each located close to 37 of HMV’s 128 stores, and will also be pushed out through social channels under the hashtag #lovevinyl.
Dub_Lord
Rep:
?
Anyone know what to do for 'process' in the 7Ps?
Hhahja
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Can anyone find a good vinyl marketing campaign that covers every thing on second part of set task brief?
Awase_Ruth
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Dub_Lord)
Anyone know what to do?
You will need 6 sheets of notes including references.
I have already started mine, i'm on the actual marketing bit of the campaign. If you type in 'Vinyl sales' , some results should show up and will link to the other bullet points. Make sure you follow the brief and add notes to it like for the external influences - you might want to add notes about PESTLE. Don't forget the associated products. To find the a previous marketing campaign about Vinyls, there is one that HMV did that was targeted to students/teenagers.
Competitors - Amazon (big one), Spotify, mostly like streaming platforms
Make sure to add what kind of market it is - Oligopoly, and it is also a niche market
Add the target market - Middle aged men (source: The guardian)
Primary research you could do: go to a Library and look for music magazines or go to a HMV shop or a Vinyl shop and ask about sales etc.
Secondary research - Mintel reports about Vinyls, and other sources from the internet.
Hhahja
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
[QUOTE=Awase_Ruth;77279900]You will need 6 sheets of notes including references.
I have already started mine, i'm on the actual marketing bit of the campaign. If you type in 'Vinyl sales' , some results should show up and will link to the other bullet points. Make sure you follow the brief and add notes to it like for the external influences - you might want to add notes about PESTLE. Don't forget the associated products. To find the a previous marketing campaign about Vinyls, there is one that HMV did that was targeted to students/teenagers.
Competitors - Amazon (big one), Spotify, mostly like streaming platforms
Make sure to add what kind of market it is - Oligopoly, and it is also a niche market
Add the target market - Middle aged men (source: The guardian)
Primary research you could do: go to a Library and look for music magazines or go to a HMV shop or a Vinyl shop and ask about sales etc.
Secondary research - Mintel reports about Vinyls, and other sources from the internet.[have you found a vinyl marketing campaign yet for the second part]
atruezulu123
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Can somebody give me a sort of breakdown for the whole thing, im pretty confused and if i fail this, i will fail the course. I just need a sort of structure and what to put in each section.
If someone could help me id be very grateful.
Awase_Ruth
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
yes HMV did one
https://www.marketingweek.com/2016/0...d-at-students/
Awase_Ruth
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by atruezulu123)
Can somebody give me a sort of breakdown for the whole thing, im pretty confused and if i fail this, i will fail the course. I just need a sort of structure and what to put in each section.
If someone could help me id be very grateful.
I found these earlier today for the structure of the report, you can use them they are from TES
hfinch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
has anyone got a good rationale
court23xo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Can anyone help by telling me what budget the marketing campaign would have?
Fatso99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
40,000 pounds
Dub_Lord
Rep:
?
Any suggestions for what to write for external influences?
richardjennings
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Fatso99)
40,000 pounds
never seen owt so clueless you haven't got a clue
harrisonnicholl
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
any idea on how much it cost?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.34%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (100)
17.83%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
14.97%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
9.98%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.3%

Watched Threads