Anyone else find A2 chemistry much easier than AS?

Watch
funky2722
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Honestly, I hated AS because it was just so boring and I tended to lose marks on silly things. Also felt like a lot was memorisation, but now at A2 everything seems so much easier. You just have to understand a few concepts and you're good to go. Thoughts?
TheNotoriousBIG
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it just depends on the way your mind works. It sounds like you have a mathematical mind, being able to grasp concepts relatively easily. For other people, the writing part (which there's more of in AS I suppose) is much easier.
username2975726
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in year 12 and I dont find AS that bad but i always thought year 13 was much much harder
Miss B'
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was much more fond of A2 in all the sciences just because things seemed to tie up better and make more sense and as you say, rely much less on memorising :yawn:
funky2722
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miss B')
I was much more fond of A2 in all the sciences just because things seemed to tie up better and make more sense and as you say, rely much less on memorising :yawn:
Agreed I do physics A2 though and i hate the entire a level. Just not my cup of tea.
funky2722
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheNotoriousBIG)
I think it just depends on the way your mind works. It sounds like you have a mathematical mind, being able to grasp concepts relatively easily. For other people, the writing part (which there's more of in AS I suppose) is much easier.
Hmm, I mean I think i'm better at biology than physics. I guess there are more concepts in biology, but I feel like I don't actively have to memorise stuff, like with A2 chemistry. I like maths, so it's weird why I hate physics (just find it boring at a level and don't think it captures the intrigue of space etc).
Miss B'
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm sorry to hear that, I love A2 phys! is there anything in particular? Have you watched any Khan Academy vids? I like the way he goes through problems and concepts so gracefully!
RP990
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by funky2722)
Honestly, I hated AS because it was just so boring and I tended to lose marks on silly things. Also felt like a lot was memorisation, but now at A2 everything seems so much easier. You just have to understand a few concepts and you're good to go. Thoughts?
If anyone knew how I did in exams, they would know this is a little ironic coming from me. I never really do good in my chem exams, but I never really found the content hard to understand. Yes, theres a lot remember, but I always found what screwed me over what the ridicolous A-level marking schemes they follow. Sometimes it's utter ********.
funky2722
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miss B')
I'm sorry to hear that, I love A2 phys! is there anything in particular? Have you watched any Khan Academy vids? I like the way he goes through problems and concepts so gracefully!
Khan academy doesn't really suit me ebcause the videos I've watched have waffle and are also incorrect sometimes (mainly chemistry). Also, I find simple harmonic motions, capacitance very boring, but don't mind magnetic fields. I guess I shouldn't have done it at a level but it seemed so easy at gcse, so i thought same at a2.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads