Bristol Accomadation Advice? Which halls best suit me?

Watch
Johnny_boi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys!

I’m stuck deciding between two unis at the moment and Bristol is one of them.

I was doing some research into Bristol accommodation and I wonder which halls you guys think are best for me?

I probably would prefer an ensuite and would like self-catered (though not too fussed). I want to have a great social life, live with people who like going out and make new friends. I would like to be with a diverse mix of students - bristol seems to have a big private school reputation, so being surrounded by majority private school people in halls/my flat is a worry for me coming from a state school to be honest.

Stoke bishop seems to have a great community feel, but then clifton/city centre seem to be less snobby/‘private schooly’?

What do you guys recommend? Any help appreciated?

Cheers 😊
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
kellyctn99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Johnny!Right now I am staying at badock which is a stoke bishop accommodation and I can say living in SB is one of the best things about UoB in my opinion. Of course, I can't guarantee you that your experience will be same as mine since your future flatmates and generally people staying in your hall will make your experience different. I can't deny the fact that majority of SB is from private schools, but there are students from state schools as well as international students. Honestly, I've seen some posh students, but as far as I've met there are not a lot of them. %90 of the people I've met are really nice and laid-back. Also, I'd like to add that SB will become more diverse if state school graduates like you choose it.

I have some friends from clifton/city centre but I can't really say something good or bad about those since I don't know a lot.

If you really want an en-suite and self-catered accommodation then you'll just have University Hall, Hiatt Baker and Durdham choices for Stoke Bishop. Durdham is usually (idk why) pretty quiet but it may not be next yar. UH is the cheapest hall, kitchens are smaller, rooms are smaller etc. but it's not like people can't manage to live there. If you are trying to save money and can live with a little discomfort you can choose it. HB is what you call "normal". It'a basic hall that you'd expect from a normal university. When you imagine a university accommodation, you're probably imagining something like HB.

My advice would be also think about non-en-suite and catered accommodations, you'll have much more options.
whichisbetter
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kellyctn99)
If you really want an en-suite and self-catered accommodation then you'll just have University Hall, Hiatt Baker and Durdham choices for Stoke Bishop.
I just wanted to clarify, does Badock offer self-catered accommodation too? Bristol's website seems to filter it out when searching for self-catered but on the Badock Hall page it seems to offer self-catered rooms as an option.
titto
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by whichisbetter)
I just wanted to clarify, does Badock offer self-catered accommodation too? Bristol's website seems to filter it out when searching for self-catered but on the Badock Hall page it seems to offer self-catered rooms as an option.
Yes, I believe two blocks are catered
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (633)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed