The Student Room Group

Unhappy within sixthform and collage.

I have just entered my first year at sixth form which is around halfway complete, I left school with 6 of my gcse being an A-C which I was happy with. However since starting sixth form i have became increasingly unhappy and felt an incredible amount of isolation. My year group tends to be very competitive and likes to try and be better than one another and I always felt as if I was the one made to feel the pressure of this, despite me having all the latest clopthes and the best phone I feel as if my year still see them self as Superior to me, Luckily my parents are able to provide the nicer things in life for both me and my sister, however my sister has managed to be more involved more within her year group and amongst her peers. She is still in lower school but im in further education within that school complex so its the same school I had completed my five years of high school in. I seem to be very disliked by my year group there is this constant feeling of them wanting me to slip up and make the mistakes. I feel as if they have to have someone they can laugh at and unfortunately this person appears to be me. Sixth form is beginning to put a strain on things within my home environment now as I feel in school I do not have a place or person to take my frustration out on so a lot of my anger and pain is directed to my parents more often my dad than my mum. I am really beginning to feel like this situation is never ending now and I feel virtually trapped in my life I want an escape from this but I am unable to find the best escape route unfortunately. Its starting to impact on my academic side in school as well as I feel unable to go to my lessons as I have no one to talk to as the only friends I have within the sixth form are in the year above and unfortunately will be leaving sixth form soon meaning I could be facing my second year in sixth form more alone than ever, this for me as a huge worry as I feel I would be unable to cope in a completely isolated situation as I am only just about getting through with my current circumstances. I am going home on weekdays and going straight to sleep as I feel I have no purpose in life. My family have been understanding but that support is limited as obviously when i'm in school its me on the front line on my own, I do have the support to an extent in sixth form with my current friends but as I previously said they are around a month away from leaving and as they are in the year above they are not in my lessons for me to talk to. I find my year group and peers very immature for their age as when compared to the year above where I have fitted in nicely, my year dont seem to come close to the levels of maturity in the year above. My current situation has more than anything put me to the test, I feel like every day challenges me. I feel although I have nice things I dont appreciate them as much as I should do and that is due to all of this. If two years ago somebody would have told me I would have been in these sad circumstances I would have
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest