The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Education studies course

I am going to go to university in Sep., but I still cannot make the final decision. I got the conditional offer from University of Reading and East Anglia University (UEA)
I chose Educations studies as my subject.

Is there someone are studied in Education in Uni of Reading?
Please give me some information about your experience in Reading!!
Original post by Rhona Tang
I am going to go to university in Sep., but I still cannot make the final decision. I got the conditional offer from University of Reading and East Anglia University (UEA)
I chose Educations studies as my subject.

Is there someone are studied in Education in Uni of Reading?
Please give me some information about your experience in Reading!!

Hi Rhona Tang,

That's an excellent news! Sorry, so far you have had any reply from someone who is going Education.

I'm doing PhD in Agriculture and Food Economics here at the University of Reading. I did my masters here as well but I did my first degree back in my home country. When I chose Reading I considered the ranking on my subject and the location of the university. I've been here 4 years already and I like it a lot. If you have any other questions about life on campus or anything else that you might want to know, please let me know. :smile:

Prau
3rd year PhD student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UniofReadingPG
Hi Rhona Tang,

That's an excellent news! Sorry, so far you have had any reply from someone who is going Education.

I'm doing PhD in Agriculture and Food Economics here at the University of Reading. I did my masters here as well but I did my first degree back in my home country. When I chose Reading I considered the ranking on my subject and the location of the university. I've been here 4 years already and I like it a lot. If you have any other questions about life on campus or anything else that you might want to know, please let me know. :smile:

Prau
3rd year PhD student

Hi Prau,
Thanks a lot for your help. May I ask how is it about the accommodation?
Rhona
Original post by Rhona Tang
Hi Prau,
Thanks a lot for your help. May I ask how is it about the accommodation?
Rhona

Hi Rhona,

I study food science at the university of Reading and am in my third year, so will try to help you with accommodation.

As you are studying education on the London Road campus, I would suggest certain halls which are on the edge of campus so your walk is less!

If you would like ensuite accommodation then I would suggest either Benyon or Sherfield, which are standard ensuite rooms situated about 5 mins from the edge of campus. Your walk to London road will be about 15 mins from there.

I also recommend St George's hall which is situated on the edge of park group accommodation (in the centre of campus) which is probably only around a 10-15 minute walk to London Road. If you would like premium ensuite rooms (where you have a bigger room and a built in shower as apposed to a wet room) then there are other halls in Park Group too eg Mackinder, Stenton and Child's.

There are also private halls run by UNITE students situated right by the London Road campus so take a look at their website if you would like more information for second or third year!

The university accommodation is good and there is a range of room types to suit your needs and budgets. In my first year I stayed in Bridges Hall (I wouldn't suggest this for you just because it is the other side of campus) and it was great. Really sociable and makes first year easy to meet people!!

I hope this helps, take a look at the website for more information on the halls I have suggested:https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/accommodation.aspx
Any other questions just let us know!

Alice :h:
Food science placement student

Quick Reply

Latest