?
Report 10 months ago
nice and detailed love it!!
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
the one thing i'm worried about uni is moving in with stingy housemates , pretty much the only thing i fear going into uni
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
the one thing i'm worried about uni is moving in with stingy housemates , pretty much the only thing i fear going into uni
What do you mean by stingy? Like in terms of money and being cheap?
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Was the part about Meghan Markle getting married for the show or was she doing it just because she felt like it 🤣. I’m only on season 3 ☹️ I remember when I was reading a comment and it mentioned who A was in pretty little liars. It annoyed me so much 👿 TBH I would have ended up eating all the M&Ms. I have no power over myself #noshame 😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
What do you mean by stingy? Like in terms of money and being cheap?
hmm actually not the right word to use

i just don;t want to end up with some messy ******** tbh :/
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
hmm actually not the right word to use

i just don;t want to end up with some messy ******** tbh :/
Oh I know it's a total pain. My flatmates have only been back since Monday and already I've cleaned up so much mess. One of them obviously had a salad, I found leaves and grated cheese on the floor, along with crumbs from their toast. They leave dirty washing up water in the bowl, full of scraps of food to go freezing cold.

But I daren't say anything because it's "not much mess" and I'll be "over-reacting", even though we have an agreement to clean up as we go along.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Oh I know it's a total pain. My flatmates have only been back since Monday and already I've cleaned up so much mess. One of them obviously had a salad, I found leaves and grated cheese on the floor, along with crumbs from their toast. They leave dirty washing up water in the bowl, full of scraps of food to go freezing cold.

But I daren't say anything because it's "not much mess" and I'll be "over-reacting", even though we have an agreement to clean up as we go along.
that's exactly what i'm dreading from uni
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
that's exactly what i'm dreading from uni
It seems unavoidable unless you live in your own flat. I hope next year the girls I'm living with will be clean and tidy. It's really not hard is it to pick up something if you drop it?
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It seems unavoidable unless you live in your own flat. I hope next year the girls I'm living with will be clean and tidy. It's really not hard is it to pick up something if you drop it?
that's pretty much all i want , just them to clean up after themselves
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
that's pretty much all i want , just them to clean up after themselves
Impossible for students to realise that they live with other people apparently. Sad reality
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Impossible for students to realise that they live with other people apparently. Sad reality
yep XD
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
20th April 2018

I am so proud of myself today! :proud: I've been more productive today than I have in the past week. I started off pretty lazy though.:sigh: I didn't end up getting to bed until almost midnight last night. My boyfriend had the dentist but I missed him so I thought I would stay up and wait until he's back, then we could call for a bit before I slept. Turns out the dentist took a long time so I ended up going to bed before he got back. :sad: So, that meant he woke me up at 8, and then I fell back to sleep until just after 9am. I spent about 40 minutes just scrolling through my phone and chatting with him. Finally deciding I should probably get up and start that productive day I said I would have. I made some tea, had a couple of chocolate digestives with it, and watched the latest episode of Not Going Out (if you don't watch it you should, even after so many years it's still hilarious) :rofl:. I pretty much skipped breakfast, unless you call dunking 3 biscuits into my tea a breakfast. The days where I get up late and don't have anywhere to go are the days I don't feel the need to eat breakfast early, or if at all. I know my blood pressure / sugars will be fine because if I feel hungry, it's easy for me to get food because I'm at home. :yy:

My boyfriend and I decided today to try and beat our record of how long we've been calling for. So far, we've been going since 8am and we are still going now. I'll update this evening when we hang up how long it was. Our record so far is 11 hours. :yay: He goes to sleep but we just stay on the call and I mute my sound so it doesn't wake him up. If we keep our phones plugged in we could call constantly. The only thing that would stop us is if our internet goes down. Mine has a habit of turning off, going to data for a minute, then coming back on again. :unimpressed: I know it isn't my phone because this only happens with the internet in my accommodation at uni. It's also a way for us to feel closer, being able to see each other sleep. :lovie: We can't do normal couple things like sleep at the same time, so little things like this make it seem a bit more normal. Sure, it restricts what I can do on my phone but honestly it's a good way to prevent me getting distracted from all the work I have to do.

I'd say I've done about 5-6 hours of work today, and I intend on getting 1 or 2 more done before I stop for the night. I'm amazed at myself! :grin: I've been focused the whole time and I haven't even had my M&Ms as motivation, I've been motivated enough just with my mind. I stopped for lunch at about 1, I watched an episode of Young Sheldon (again really great series) too, and answered a few threads on here. Since then, I've been working pretty hard. At 4 though I wanted to get some more M&Ms for rewards at the end of the day, so I went to the little Tesco a few minutes' walk away. It was a bit eventful! The weather is glorious today, not a single cloud and really warm. :h: This also meant that at 4pm on a Friday everyone was going home from work. There's a big main road nearby and it was absolutely chocka full with cars, practically at a standstill. The hospital is also on that road, meaning that when an ambulance came blue-lighting down, cars had to move onto the pavement to clear a path. A few minutes later and an undercover police car came the other way with sirens. I have never seen an undercover car before moving to uni, and that was I think my 3rd one. I have to say, I get a tiddly bit excited. It's pretty cool in my opinion. :excited:

I got some M&Ms, but I had to get the crispy kind. My favourite is just the plain chocolate ones, but crispy ones are still good. There were also some amazing strawberries so I got a punnet of those too. You know the ones where they're so red and you can just tell they're going to be really juicy and sweet? Yeah, I'm so excited to have some later. :drool: I also got some more fruit and fibre cereal as I am almost out. I wanted to get one of those mug cake mixes. I made one before, a lemon one, and it was actually so good. I didn't intend on making one, but my nan had bought me a pack saying "here you like baking, try this" and so I did. But because it's only a little Express store they didn't have any, disappointing. :sad:

I've done a bit more work and then watched an episode of The Big Bang Theory. I like rewarding myself after doing a bit of work with an episode of one of my shows. I like spreading my TV watching throughout the day to keep my motivation going. Kind of like "if I do these 3 topics, then I can watch my new episode". It works well, unless the previous episode had a massive cliffhanger in which case f*ck that system, I'm watching it straight away. :vroam:

As for this evening, I had left over spag bol from yesterday. I have 2 portions, one with the spaghetti and one without. I'm bad at judging pasta quantities, so I'll make way too much sauce and not enough pasta. But I think it's okay. The one without the spaghetti is a meal in itself with the carrots and sugar snap peas (still a mistake), so that'll be fine for tomorrow's lunch and/or dinner.

Until recently I tried going to the gym at least once a week, with the aim of going 3 times a week eventually. However I think I've realised the gym just isn't for me really. :thumbsdown: I forced myself to go twice a week a few months ago, but I wasn't enjoying it while I was there. I preferred walking there and back, because it's 30 minutes away so that would give me an hour of walking. So, despite it being a bit of a waste of money :sigh: (my membership runs out in June), I've decided not to go again, but instead just go for walks. I can walk to town and back which takes me 45 minutes each way, so that's 90 minutes of walking, and my phone says it's about 10,000 steps. That's really good. :cute: It's a really nice steady walk as well, no hills or anything. So I want to try doing that a bit more often, so I think I'll do that tomorrow and a couple of times next week too. Walking is really good exercise, so I've been told and I believe it. It's gentle, which is what I like. I hate getting really sweaty and so out of breath your lungs hurt. :nooo:

Food diary!

Breakfast: nothing really, unless you count a cup of tea and a couple of chocolate digestives :unsure:
Lunch: leftover tuna pasta bake from 2 days ago with a pile of spinach, and some ready salted crisps too
Dinner: leftover spag bol from yesterday
Snacks: M&Ms and some strawberries

I'm optimistic I can be as productive tomorrow as I was today! I'll edit if anything interesting happens after I post this one. .

Update: reached the 12 hour mark with our call! We have a new record, hoping to make it to 15 hours!
username3262012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
:headbang:
Ucashelp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Keep them coming! Dont know why i cant stop reading haha x

You can tag me when you make a post!
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ucashelp)
Keep them coming! Dont know why i cant stop reading haha x

You can tag me when you make a post!
That's so sweet! And I will do next time, I'll make a note of that

PRSOM
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
I'm so happy. 15 hours 31 minutes and 28 seconds. That absolutely smashed our last record!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
21st April 2018

This morning started pretty much the same as yesterday too. I asked my boyfriend to wake me up at 7:30, with the aim of being out of bed and productive at 8. This failed miserably. I didn’t sleep very well last night. I just kept randomly waking up only to roll over than then fall back asleep again. Very frustrating. :argh: So I ended up sleeping again until about 9:30. Eventually got out of bed a few minutes later. I went into the kitchen to make some tea and got my personal space invaded by a long-legged flappy insect thing. :eek3: I was all flappy because of this thing flying around me. I hate insects, and especially ones that fly. You know the ones with creepily long and skinny legs that just sort of sit on the ceiling or the walls and never seem to move? :yikes:Yeah, I had 2 of those in my kitchen plus 2 more smaller flying bugs. And there was a pretty big spider in the corner too. My heart was pounding – they make me so scared. :nooo:

Once I had stopped flapping and they had stopped flying I could then get the hoover, take the flat bit on the end off and I hoovered them all up. Now I know some people will say it’s cruel and everything and I should take them outside, but when you’re so scared of even being near them I’m not about to scoop them up to let them out the window. :no: So up the hoover they went, and I left it on for a minute to make sure they wouldn’t crawl back out.

I finally was able to make my tea, which I very much needed to calm me down after that unwanted adrenaline rush. Bugs need to learn personal space. I had 3 digestives with it again, so that’s pretty much my “breakfast”, if it counts as one. Again, because I woke up so late I just don’t have the need to eat a proper breakfast.

Since then, I watched a bit of Gogglebox with my tea, but then paused after the 2nd set of adverts so I could get some work done. I kept working until I was hungry enough to have lunch. I’m really pleased with my productivity and very excited that I’ve managed to keep it up for 2 days now. :grin: It seems like a small achievement I should have done ages ago, but just that I’ve achieved it now before my exams makes me feel really happy. I’m feeling more confident that I can actually pass my exams this year. I really don’t want to have to resit any exams in August. :dong:

I was nice and productive until around 1, when my stomach made its desires known. I stopped for lunch and had the leftover spag bol sauce from the other day. It’s definitely better with the spaghetti, but it was good on its own too. Filled me up for a good amount of time.

I went to the big supermarket this afternoon. I really wanted to get one of those mug cake mixes but this one didn’t have any either, which was really disappointing. :cry2: On the plus side though I found some normal M&Ms. I made the mistake of not only wearing a cardigan to the supermarket and back, but also my light coat. I was melting by the time I got back, :headfire: even though I had taken off my coat on the walk home. I got some mini Magnum ice creams too – the praline hazelnut ones. Lovely little sunny afternoon treat. :yum:

Afterwards I saw that there was a new Jane the Virgin episode on Netflix and I watched that. Okay, I don’t know if anyone else watches it but if you do and haven’t seen chapter 81 then ignore this entire paragraph because I just can’t not talk about what happened at the end. :shock: Have you stopped reading now? Okay, good. WHAT THE F*CK MICHAEL IS ALIVE WHAT THE F*CK HAPPENED?! :zomg: You can’t just bring a dead person back like that! :unimpressed: What the f*ck has gone on the past few years?! It was all going so right for Jane! :sad: She was going to propose to Rafeal but now what’s going to happen that Michael is alive?! I was not emotionally prepared for this kind of cliff hanger :noway: and now I have to wait to find out why the heck he’s alive and standing in Rafeal’s apartment?! His death was faked? I don’t understand why he would fake his death. :dontknow: I know it’s to do with Rose and those other people but seriously just why? He was going to be a lawyer and be with Jane! How could he even fake his own death when he “died” straight after the exam surrounded by all of those people? Surely somebody thought “hey hang on he’s not dead”. :eyeball: I need answers! The rest of my time is totally disrupted now. Actually, the rest of eternity is disrupted. :frown: It was the last episode in the season! How long until Netflix airs season 5? I don’t think I can be settled until I get answers. I am way too invested in this show, but that was mean. To put that in the season finale and not say when we will get an answer is just really cruel. I’m ruffled. Okay, now that’s out of my system I think it’s safe for me to return to a normal state of mind. I’ll try to stop twitching for sure.

When I finally got my heart rate back down to a normal level after that bombshell (seriously wtf Jane), I got back to work. I’ve been making really pretty notes in notebooks of all the info I need to know for each module, including some further reading in there too. I’ve been making it pretty by using letter stickers and other cute stickers (like stars with smiley faces) and different coloured pens. :gah: Unfortunately I ran out of some letters. :sadnod: By the end, I was totally out of A, C, E, H, I, M, N, O, S, T, U and Y. So, you can imagine that the last few topics were just random letters with spaces where the other letters should go. I’ve now ordered more sticker packets, and thank God for a 10% student discount (thanks Unidays) :woo: because even with the discount I’m spending more than I care to admit on stickers, but I really think it will help me remember the information. Even better I qualified for free next working day delivery :yy:, even though it’s a weekend so hopefully I will get them on Tuesday instead of later on in the week. I decided to order online because I think going in to store and buying that many packets of sticker letters would have been a little bit weird.

After ordering those, I did a little bit more work. I’m using Quizlet to create question and answer sets. My aim is to print them off and cut them up so I have a pile of questions and a pile of answers. I’ll shuffle them up and then I have to match the question to the answer. If I had my parents with me, I would just ask them to ask me the questions and test me on them. But I don’t have them right now so it’s down to me. :yep: My first exam is fast approaching and I wish I could stop time. To be honest if I’m wishing for anything it would be a photographic memory like Mike has in Suits because that would make it so much easier. No need for revision, just one read through of the notes and textbooks and boom, I’d be ready. All I would have to do is learn the technique of writing an essay and that would be firsts all across my modules. Wishful thinking that. :sigh:

I attempted to make fajitas for dinner. I’ve made them before, but this time I messed up a bit. :s: I fried the chicken strips, onions and red peppers in a frying pan and I seasoned them with salt, pepper, paprika and chili powder (still the best things) but I added a f*ck tonne of chili powder by mistake. It all just came out the jar at once and you can’t take it out afterwards. I hoped for the best but it was not good.:no: I made 2 of them and put some shredded iceberg lettuce in there too. You can tell I don’t smoke because I couldn’t roll up those fajitas for sh*t. I also had too much chicken and veggies so I had a pile on the side. But it’s just way too spicy for me. :nooo: I hate spicy foods and sometimes even a korma can be borderline for me. So I can’t eat my fajitas. It’s not too bad though because I’m still pretty full from lunch – although it really might be more the fact I had some crispy M&Ms and diet pepsi when I was revising, hehe.

Diet Pepsi is my favourite and so much better than Coke. :pepsi: My boyfriend’s dad feels the same way so when I’m over there and he has a multipack of Pepsi he shares it with me. :five: He collects Coca Cola stuff though, doesn’t drink it. He has over 2500 bottles from the past 50 years or so and from several countries like Kuwait from when he was there in the army. He has several Coca Cola machines too and lots of other merchandise. At Christmas I was able to add something to his collection. People outside uni were handing out those tiny 150ml cans of Coke so I washed it out, wrapped it in lots of bubble wrap and it made it over there with me perfectly dent-free. I feel happy I was able to add a little thing to his collection. :crown: There are 2 rooms in their house totally dedicated to Coca Cola stuff, they call it his “Coke room”, ha. :laugh: It’s seriously awesome.

Anyway, I’m rambling. The rest of my day will be finishing at least 2 more sets on Quizlet, chatting to my boyfriend now I’ve woken him up and then hopefully if I remember in time watching Britain’s Got Talent. Because I have to watch it on my laptop, if I miss the start of it live I can’t go back to the start. I have to wait until tomorrow morning to watch it. :erm: So I want to get it ready in time for 8pm and watch it, saves time tomorrow morning to be more productive.

Food diary!

Breakfast: cup of tea with 3 digestives
Lunch: leftover spag bol sauce from the other day
Dinner: tragic fajitas, only a few bites
Snacks: crispy M&Ms, and will have some strawberries later

I think that’s about everything interesting that’s happened today. Happy Saturday!

Spoiler:
Show
Ucashelp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Started watching Jane the virgin a few months ago!!!
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ucashelp)
Started watching Jane the virgin a few months ago!!!
I hope I didn't spoil it for you! It's one of the best shows I've watched.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.6%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.26%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.07%
How can I be the best version of myself? (161)
30.04%

Watched Threads