The Student Room Group

DrawTheLine writes a blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrawTheLine
Thank you :biggrin: I'm sometimes worried it's too detailed and people will get bored because it's too long. Even though I'm not exactly writing it for people to read, more for myself to have a way to look back on my life, it is nice when people read it :colondollar:

Its like a story I like it :h:

Good luck for your remaining exams!
Original post by The Relic
Its like a story I like it :h:

Good luck for your remaining exams!

Thank you!
5th May 2018

I didn't have a productive morning at all. :frown: I didn't sleep very well last night, not getting to sleep until around midnight and then waking up what felt like every hour just to check the time and fall back to sleep. :yawn: I hate nights like those. :mad: So when my boyfriend woke me up at 7 I was like "no way" and ended up falling back to sleep / dozing until 9, when my dad rang. Why my dad couldn't just text me instead of ringing, who knows. :dontknow: All he wanted to tell me was that 2 TV shows I'm interested in are starting again next week. He really could have just texted that. But I suppose it was good because it meant I woke up a bit more. :yy: I carried on chatting to my boyfriend and scrolling through stuff on my phone until about 9:40 when I finally decided I should get up. By this point it was pretty obvious I was going to get no work done before work, possibly even the whole day. :unsure: I got dressed and watched Gogglebox. I didn't do any work. I had to finish getting ready in terms of makeup at 11, eat breakfast/lunch at 11:30 and then leave at 12 because I started work at 1.

I haven't really eaten much today, which has surprised me. :shock: I didn't have a breakfast really because I knew I had to eat lunch early. So I combined the two and had the last portion of macaroni bake before I left for work. I have Squashies in my locker at work in case I get hungry but I've been so good at not eating them. :smile: For dinner I made spag bol. Turns out I had enough spaghetti so I didn't need to get any more. :yeah: After work I got some cereal, grapes, spinach, strawberry Cornettos (@04MR17 I gave in to temptation :sogood:) and a diet Pepsi. If you haven't tried this, you need to: frozen grapes. The most amazing tiny little ice lollies ever. :w00t: I just put the whole box of grapes in the freezer. I decided to get ice cream because I've been craving it for a while and it's really hot so why not, it's basically summer. :flower2:

Work was decent. I was on children's again and oh my gosh the amount of screaming that happened. :lolwut: Seriously it was like they were competing with each other. It's times like those I would love a mute button. But because it was so warm all the babies were out and they're just so cute in summery outfits and big hats. :heart: I cannot wait to have children. I really hope I can have children. :crossedf: Everyone always says how they're having so many children and what their names will be, but I always have in the back of my mind what if something isn't right that I may never know about? I kind of want to find out now just so I don't have my hopes up for having 5 children - 3 girls, 2 boys in alternating order. Girl first. See? I have everything arranged how I want it. But there's that question of if it won't actually happen. :dontknow:

My boss asked me to work tomorrow and I said no. Apparently there's no staff in tomorrow but Sunday's are my days to chill and relax, do laundry etc. I agreed to work 10am-2pm on Monday because it's a bank holiday so I get time and a half pay. :excited: If it wasn't a bank holiday I would have said no, but I'm thinking of the money. :daydreaming: It means I have kind of lost my week off but I don't have an exam next week so I'm willing to work those hours, but nothing else in the week.

3 weeks until I move back, 6 until I fly out :woo: and sadly 12 weeks until I fly back. That's sad, but I'll try not to think of that. :sad:

I decided not to change my shirt when I got home from work and just start cooking the spag bol straight away as soon as I got home at around 5:40pm. Yep, I made a mess and got sauce on my shirt. :rolleyes: When I put the pasta on I changed shirts and now my top is soaking in some Vanish in the sink with hot water. I'll take it out when I'm finished writing this, and then I'll do my laundry tomorrow so I have a shirt ready for Monday. Lesson learned - change your shirt. Tbh I would have got the sauce on a different shirt so I guess it didn't really matter much. Plus I was already going to do laundry tomorrow, so it hasn't made a big difference really now that I think about it. :hmmmm:

The rest of the evening I think will probably be relaxed. I'll do about 15 minutes of revision just so I can say I've done something at least. I'll wake up my boyfriend and have a strawberry cornetto. :yum: Then it'll just be watching Suits, because it's getting intense.

Food diary!

Breakfast/lunch: leftover macaroni bake
Dinner: spaghetti bolognese
Snacks: strawberry cornetto

Spoiler

6th May 2018

Eh, stress levels are way too high for my liking. :s-smilie: I didn't sleep very well again last night, just tossing and turning. My boyfriend woke me up at 7 but I stayed falling in and out of sleep until 9. :sleep: I scrolled through my phone for a bit and finally got out of bed at 10. I read the news (how adorable are those pictures of Louis and Charlotte! Babies make me happy :love:) and then had some tea for breakfast. :tea: By that time of the morning I just wasn't hungry. :no: I started on revision again. I managed to finish social psychology - finishing my question sets on Quizlet and then completing mind maps for each topic within social psychology. That felt good to get that done. :h:

I had another cup of tea whilst doing my work, my boyfriend went to sleep after 12, so that gave me a bit of focus to get more done. I watched Casualty whilst I did my laundry. It's such a lovely day today I wish I could have put my washing to dry outside, but sadly that isn't an option. :nope: Thankfully the tumble dryer actually dried my clothes this time, especially good as I need my work shirt for tomorrow. I'm slightly regretting saying that I can work but nowt I can do about it now. :ashamed2: One of my friends mentioned meeting up tomorrow and I'm hoping the other girl doesn't reply so I don't have to. :crossedf: I feel like I can't keep cancelling or turning down plans because I don't want them to think like I have no interest in them. I do, but I'm getting stressed for this approaching exam. :dong:

There's actually hundreds of studies to memorise and learn. :eek2: Just social and cognitive alone there's just under 100, so who knows how many there will be when I add individual differences and developmental to that pile too. :dontknow: I'm not going to even look at biopsychology. :noway: I'm taking my chances that out of the other 4 topics, there will be 2 questions I can confidently answer. 2 questions for each topic and we choose 1 from one topic, and 1 from another. I highly doubt all the questions will be so vile that biopsych seems like the best one. They will not be that mean, so I feel confident about leaving that out. It is disgusting and I am so glad I can leave it behind. :smile:

I made lunch at around 1:30, which was also technically breakfast too. Up until that point I had only had 2 cups of tea and some diet pepsi (which was almost flat and that is the best way to drink it :pepsi:). I didn't feel at all faint or anything or particularly hungry, but I thought I had better eat something in case those feelings come along suddenly. I had 2 sweet chili chicken wraps again, which were gorgeous. :yum: I'm so glad I found this food that I like. It's so easy to make, tasty, healthy and cheap. Go me! :yy:

After lunch I had a bit of a break and watched this documentary on Prince Harry and his life (I watched half of it at first, the 2nd half later on). Then I got back to work. I'm feeling proud of myself for powering through those feelings of "f*ck it I've had enough" :yep: although I need to keep doing that this evening. I must get those cognitive mind maps done today, so that tomorrow I can do individual differences or developmental, whichever one I feel like doing. If I don't get it done today I'll just feel crap about myself. :yucky: Here's a thought, if I get them done, I get frozen grapes and a cornetto after dinner. :yes: If I get half of them done, I only get frozen grapes, not a cornetto. I feel like a child saying I can't have ice cream as a reward, but it really does work, ha.

Also I just thought of this - Bake Off Pros on tonight! Woop. :woo: I'm so excited and Liam is presenting it. It'll be so good. And then Eurovision next week. Eek I'm super excited for that too! Obviously rooting for UK and Finland. Are Finland in the final this year? :hmmmm: I know they weren't last year I think. They could have been if Australia wasn't in it, but that's a rant for a whole other day. :grumble: Graham Norton just makes it the best thing to watch. Some of the things are genuine laugh out loud stuff. :hahaha:

I had a mental block moment at 5 where I just could not do any more. :no: So I had a shower and cut my nails as they were getting too long to be comfy. When it gets to that stage where they scratch paper when I pick it up (ergh :nooo:) then I know it's time to cut them. I had having freshly cut nails as it always feels odd for the first day.

My brother sent me pictures of my cat sunbathing in the garden. She's a tuxedo cat and most of her is black so when she sunbaths her coat can get very hot, sometimes too hot to touch for more than a few seconds. :pinch: We have wooden floors inside, so when she gets too hot she trots in panting and the finds a spot under the desk and she will literally flop, as if she's an elephant who has just been sedated. :lol: Just like timberrrr! Down she goes panting for about 10 minutes, then she trots off back outside and repeats about 4 times. She's such a weirdo. :rolleyes:

Dinner tonight will be leftover spag bol. I'll heat it up after I've written this as I'm getting hungry. I haven't eaten since lunch. :s: I have to wake my boyfriend up at 7 and then after that I'll try my hardest to stay focused on my mind maps and getting those finished. :yy: It doesn't take much effort really does it compared to other things. There is no reason I can't get them done before I pack it in for the night. Self motivation, I can do it. :yeah:

Food diary!

Breakfast: nothing
Lunch: 2 sweet chili chicken wraps
Dinner: leftover spag bol
Snacks: depending on how much I get done, frozen grapes and maybe a cornetto

Spoiler

Glad that you’ve found some good food to eat :yep:
Frozen grapes? Never heard of that before, are they good?
Casualty :love: best episode in a while imo :smile:
I forgot about Bake off! :woo:
England England England!
Yum spag bol :biggrin:
Woo you can do it :rave: :hugs:
Imagine if you had a drinking game to this thread. Take a shot every time you read "leftover".

I think I would make it to two paras into the first post and need to sleep for 3 days.
Original post by laurawatt
Glad that you’ve found some good food to eat :yep:
Frozen grapes? Never heard of that before, are they good?
Casualty :love: best episode in a while imo :smile:
I forgot about Bake off! :woo:
England England England!
Yum spag bol :biggrin:
Woo you can do it :rave: :hugs:

Frozen grapes are amazing! They're so sweet and really are just like tiny little ice lollies. They're so great in this sunny weather.

Original post by Notoriety
Imagine if you had a drinking game to this thread. Take a shot every time you read "leftover".

I think I would make it to two paras into the first post and need to sleep for 3 days.

I've become so reliant on leftovers since at uni! Makes such a difference to my food bill.

I am quite detailed I admit. I just let my thoughts spill out until I have nothing left to say, it's very therapeutic.
Frozen grapes are amazing! They're so sweet and really are just like tiny little ice lollies. They're so great in this sunny weather.

I've become so reliant on leftovers since at uni! Makes such a difference to my food bill.

I am quite detailed I admit. I just let my thoughts spill out until I have nothing left to say, it's very therapeutic.

No, detail is good. It is not really my scene on here to be reading blogs (I admit), but I find reading these sort of relaxing. And it is fairly interesting to see someone's life, in detail, quite a bit different to my own.
No, detail is good. It is not really my scene on here to be reading blogs (I admit), but I find reading these sort of relaxing. And it is fairly interesting to see someone's life, in detail, quite a bit different to my own.

This actually means a lot coming from you. It's hard to explain, but I kind of got the impression you're a little hard to impress, so knowing you like reading my little (or long) rambles is really nice to hear!
This actually means a lot coming from you. It's hard to explain, but I kind of got the impression you're a little hard to impress, so knowing you like reading my little (or long) rambles is really nice to hear!

Haha, I can certainly appreciate why you have that impression. Nevertheless, I sometimes like to read about leftover spag bol!

Keep at it!
Haha, I can certainly appreciate why you have that impression. Nevertheless, I sometimes like to read about leftover spag bol!

Keep at it!

Guess what's for dinner tomorrow night ha :tongue:
Proud of myself, I can now have my cornetto! :biggrin:
7th May 2018

I'm more surprised in myself than proud of myself today. I woke up at 7 again and got out of bed at 7:30. I definitely had to today. :yes: I got dressed and didn't have long afterwards until I had to get ready for work. I did my makeup around 8am, then decided because of the shift I was working, a bowl of cereal would not stop me being hungry during my shift. :unsure: So I had some noodles. That was so wrong to have at 8:30 on a Monday morning. :yucky: It shouldn't be allowed to happen. I could only eat about 3/4 of it because I just couldn't make myself eat noodles for breakfast. I remember I shuddered at one point. So I put a cereal bar and packet of crisps in my bag for when I got to work.

Even though I didn't start until 10, because it's a bank holiday I doubted the buses. :unimpressed: And just as well I did! I left at 8:45 and walked to my normal bus stop, but the next bus wasn't until just gone 9am, which would have been too risky if it didn't turn up, and I doubted it would have been on time. So I walked the 10 minutes to the other main road and waited there for a bus. I got there at about 9am, and it wasn't for another 20 minutes until a bus turned up. I was beginning to get concerned, thinking how much an Uber would cost that early on a bank holiday. :dontknow: Thankfully I didn't have to worry about that.

But my gosh was this bus packed! :dong: They run fewer buses but there's still the same amount of people, and I was pressed up against people for much longer than comfortable. And because it was already hot at that time it wasn't the most pleasant for my nose. :afraid: Thankfully most people seemed to be students and got off at the university bus stops, even though it's a holiday. I got to work all in good time, at about 9:35. I only ate a cereal bar when I got there as I didn't want to eat crisps that early either. Nobody thought it would be busy in the store today because it's such nice weather outside. :flower:

We were wrong. It was packed! :shock: I was supposed to be on adults but I ended up staying on kids for my whole shift because there were so many people there. We were so surprised at how busy it was considering it's such a nice day. I got hungry half way through my shift so I did open my bag of Squashies that I keep there to stop my stomach making noises. It worked and I was happy. :yum:

I managed to sneak off the shop floor a few minutes before my shift ended which I'm happy about. :yeah: Normally just as I am about to leave a customer comes up to me with a huge long complicated issue that I have to deal with. :unimpressed: It made me happy to know that I didn't have that problem today. I left my lovely air conditioned store and was puffed with the sticky air. :erm: Yesch, not pleasant at all. The bus back was stuffy as well, despite all windows being open. I went to Lidl on my way back to get some chicken breasts and milk.

When I got back I decided to make lunch. I put the chicken strips on to cook for my wrap whilst I wrapped the chicken breasts in cling film and put them in the freezer. :snow: My dinner from tomorrow and for the rest of the week will just be chicken with potatoes and veggies. Nice and simple. I season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper and it is gorgeous. :drool: I'm really excited for that. I made my sweet chili chicken wraps again for lunch, using more of the wilting spinach (it was supposed to be eaten by the 2nd :ashamed2:). I threw the last few leaves away as they weren't looking good at all any more.

I need to get more for my wrap. I only have half an orange pepper left and 2 tortillas left. :nooo: So I think Wednesday I'll trundle to the little Tesco and get some more. I'm really happy I ended up liking these wraps otherwise I would have a whole bottle of sweet chili sauce to throw away. When I move back home I will be taking back food that goes in the cupboard or doesn't need to be in the fridge, so anything that does I need to eat up before I move back home, otherwise I'll have to throw it away. That'll suck as it would just be like throwing my money in the bin, and that's depressing.:nope:

After I had lunch I got cracking on work. I took my makeup off, made tea and made Quizlet sets on individual differences as well as doing all the mind maps! And this was all before 6pm. :yep: I'm so proud of myself for that because I thought after work I would not be interested in revising at all, but I proved myself wrong. :woo:

I was hungry shortly after I finished revising so I heated up my last portion of spag bol - still super delicious. :yum: I then had a few frozen grapes and a cornetto for dessert, seeing as I had done more than I expected I felt that was deserving of an ice cream. :youbetcha: 27 degrees it was today - too hot for me, I prefer max of 20. I'm going to be in 37 heat in a few weeks though so I feel sorry for my pasty white skin - it'll be layered in sun cream like it's paint. :lolwut:

I normally wake my boyfriend up at 7 but I forgot to ask what time he wanted to be woken up, so I'll just let him call me when he wakes up. Could be in a few minutes, could be in a few hours. :dontknow: He says he doesn't need to go to sleep early and that he doesn't need to nap, he just prefers it. But when he tells me to wake him up at 7, he almost always falls back to sleep for at least an hour. :colonhash: Very frustrating when he says he definitely wants to be awake at that time. Another reason I'm just letting him call me when he's awake this time.

For the rest of the evening, I'll be relaxing. Drinking tea and watching Netflix - good plan. :tea: I'm trying to figure out if tomorrow I want to go to the big shopping centre to the cafe to revise. :hmmmm: I don't have to work tomorrow, it's going to be a cooler day, so I could. Oh wait no, I need to wash my hair. Never mind. :ashamed2: Actually maybe not never mind. :idea: If I shower in the morning when I wake up, then my hair will be dry after lunch. I could go in the afternoon for a few hours before the evening, then come home and cook dinner. Interesting plan. :hmmmm2: I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow. I like long bus/car journeys so the 40 minutes it takes to get there is glorious. :nutcase: I'm looking forward to the 5 hour drive home from uni, just listening to music and watching the road go by. Plus this time I won't be driving so that makes me happy. I once drove up here almost all the way and my dad's older car doesn't have the clutch thing you put it on so you can remove for foot from the gas - totally blanked on the name of it. :confused: So yeah for over 4 hours I had to have my foot at that awkward angle on the motorway and other roads - it was so sore afterwards! I made my dad take over after we got into the city because I was getting frustrated with it. :angry:

Wow I keep getting sidetracked. Um, I think that's everything I'm thinking of today. Let's see what tomorrow has in store for me! :h:

Food diary!

Breakfast: noodles
Lunch: 2 sweet chili chicken wraps, ready salted crisps
Dinner: leftover spag bol
Snacks: cornetto, frozen grapes, cereal bar

Spoiler

Cruise control! That's the phrase :biggrin:
I must say, 10/10 for emoji usage.:ahee:
8th May 2018

Well, today started off good and then went a bit downhill. :s-smilie: I didn't really feel in the mood to call my boyfriend this morning, so we just texted instead today. I go through days where one tiny thing he does that doesn't even warrant being annoyed annoys me, and then it lasts about 2 days before I'm back to normal. :confused: I just have to go through the cycle of emotions and then I can go back to normal. :ashamed:

I woke up at 7, and then just thought "nope" and went to sleep for another half an hour. :sleep: I texted my boyfriend and scrolled through my phone until just before 8 when I showered and got dressed, all ready for the day. :yy: I had decided I would go out in the afternoon to get some chocolates for when I go back home, and some after-exam treats too. Note the key words are for when I go back, and for at a later time, meaning I refuse to eat them until those designated times. :noway: My boyfriend loves pistachios so I also found this massive chocolate bar with pistachios in it, so I'll take that to him in the summer. I just realised I hope it doesn't melt what with how hot it will be there! :crossedf: I didn't think of that, huh. I found some Fathers Day chocolate for my dad. This year I'm away for fathers day, so I thought I'd get him that, and then also before I go away bake him some cookies or something and put them in the freezer so he can still get things for fathers day even though I'm not there. :cute:

I'm really hungry now knowing I have chocolate right behind me, but I shall be good. :drool: They always give you a sample chocolate in Hotel Chocolat so I did have 1 salted caramel puddle. I was getting those anyway, so that's a bonus. :yum: I think I now know that salted caramel chocolate is my favourite type of chocolate. :heart: I love salty stuff, so salty chocolate - two of my favourite things, calls for a very happy me indeed. :h:

Oh I got sidetracked, oops. :oops: Well, when I started work I got a lot done. I got the Quizlet sets finished for developmental, and then I started on mind maps. However I only got one mind map done because I've now run out of plain paper. :nooo: Sigh. I was so in the zone as well! :argh: Normally I get my paper free from my dad's work but because I'm not at home that isn't an option. I texted him to see where the best place is to get paper, as I've never had to buy it before. I know places like WHSmith, Rymans etc sell it but I wanted "professional" aka "help me dad" opinion. He suggested going to Asda as cheap paper will do me for the next few weeks. He suggested borrowing some - I was like but how can I return it when I've written all over it? :dontknow: So I'll go to Asda tomorrow to get some. My revision for the rest of the day will be to try and memorise some of these about 200 studies I have to learn for my exam. I shall surely cry by the weekend. :cry:

Lunch was my usual wraps, and then I headed out afterwards. I went to the big shopping centre because I wanted the long journey and it was really relaxing. I tried on this lovely jumpsuit in Dorothy Perkins but it looked awful on me. :ahhhhh: If it was the same pattern but in a dress, I would have loved it. Jumpsuits just make me look short and podgy like a penguin - not good. :dong: After I left the centre I went to town, found some lovely light tshirts in Primark, although one of them clings to my fleshy bits a bit too much but I'll keep it anyway. I got some Lindt chocolate for my mum too because it's her favourite. I got some more tortilla wraps and peppers for my lunches, as well as tissues and makeup wipes. I hate this about me - whenever I have a hot meal my nose always runs. :colonhash: It doesn't run a lot, but just enough to make me sniff. It's so annoying, because going out to dinner means I always have to have a tissue just to stop my nose running. It's awkward as well in front of people having to wipe my nose. :sick:

It started raining on my way home from the centre / on the way to town so my feet got soaked. :s: I was wearing my fluffy (not actually fluff but they're really light) trainers and a light coat so my tootsies got wet. My hair was also dripping, and my arms were damp too because my coat is only showerproof. I was disappointed as this signals the end of the sunshine, end of summer. :sad:

When I got back I started making dinner - chicken breast seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika, sweet potatoes and green beans, with a pile of spinach too. I think that seems reasonably healthy, right? :sogood: Chicken, veggies and leaves. Very pleased with myself. And if I do a good amount of work tonight then I can have a cornetto too. :yep: My boyfriend is off doing something now so I can't talk to him. :unsure: He tends to go places where he loses service because of where he lives - surrounded by mountains and deserts with no humans except him and whoever he is with. I really like going to those places and I like him going to those places, but only when I'm with him so I can talk to him, ha. No I'm kidding it's good for him to do stuff he enjoys instead of just sat talking to me during his day. Hopefully he starts working again tomorrow which will be amazing. :crossedf:

I think those are all my thoughts for today. :curious:

Food diary!

Breakfast: fruit and fibre cereal
Dinner: chicken, sweet potato, green beans and spinach
Snacks: that 1 salted caramel puddle I had at the shop, if that counts

Spoiler

I'm subscribing x
Original post by ahlaladolly
I'm subscribing x

Thank you! That means a lot :h:
9th May 2018

I almost totally forgot to write this today, oops. :redface: I've been a mix of lazy and productive. I didn't go to sleep until half past midnight because I wanted to spend some time chatting with my boyfriend after he got back :love:, so I woke up just before 8:30 and stayed in bed until 9:15. I was video calling with him then too, hence my laziness. :unsure: When I finally got up, I got dressed and had some tea. :tea: I watched the new episode of Rich Kids Go Skint which was really fascinating. It sucks the hand people are dealt in life sometimes, people can have so little despite trying their best. :thumbsdown:

I didn't have any breakfast. I wasn't hungry because I got out of bed so late. :thumbdown: So much for my plan to be out of bed at 7:30 every day except for Sundays. After my show finished, I started revising. I'm trying to memorise all 45 studies for developmental, and then tomorrow and the rest of the week will be spent memorising cognitive, social and individual differences. There's so many it makes me want to cry. :sad: I got so frustrated at one point because I would write it down 10 times, and then do the Quizlet quiz and totally forget it all. :argh: Finally I'm getting about 98% on them, with only 1 or 2 that I get mixed up. So I know I can do it, it just takes time and patience. One thing with memorising things is I need to regularly take breaks to allow me to test myself to see if I have actually remembered it.

So I did some work on it, then made lunch (wraps again, very nice :ahee:) to give my brain 30 minutes away from thinking about the studies. When I go back to it it means I'm not just recalling the info from my short term memory, it's coming from my long term memory, which means I've memorised it. :yeah: After lunch I did more work on memorising, and then went out to town. I decided to swap that top that's a bit clingy to the next size up, and it's so much better now. :yep: I also bought 4 more of the tshirts in different patterns and colours. They're so comfy and loose they'll be great for the summer and I won't overheat. Hopefully. :crossedf:

When I got back I did more revising and was finally starting to get some results for my efforts. :cute: Hopefully by the end of today I can consistently get 100%, as that will be amazing. :dance: Tomorrow I will start on the cognitive studies because there's somet like 63 of them which will take a long, long time to learn them all. I really hope I can do this all by next Tuesday! Enough to get a 2:1, as that would be so amazing. :daydreaming:

For dinner I had the same thing as yesterday, and it was so good! :yum: I love feeling healthy when over half my plate is full of green stuff and veggies, and the other part is a good piece of chicken, seasoned so well. :drool: Whenever I am proud of my dinners I either send my mum a photo of it or I just text her. I texted her last night and she's saying all the cooking I'm doing here means I can make the dinners at home too. I did that anyway when I was at home, so it'll be fun to do it there too. :excited: The only downside is my brother is beyond fussy. :colonhash: He won't eat certain pasta shapes because they taste different! Really? :confused: Sure, they have different feels but it's pasta. It's all the same! So that's really frustrating. Most of the stuff I make here now I won't be able to make at home because he will refuse to eat it. But then when we say he should cook his own food, he acts like that's the worst idea in the world. He's a weird kind of adult. :dontknow:

If I can get 100% on the studies tonight I can have my cornetto. :yes: Oh that reminds me, I need to do some food shopping soon. I'm running out of chicken for my wraps. Do I want to get more cornettos? :hmmmm: Or a different kind of ice cream maybe. Decisions, decisions. I really do like having them as an evening reward for my work during the day, but I don't want it to become a really regular thing. :nope: I also need to get some more veggies as I'm almost out of green beans, and I'm out of sweet potatoes. Actually that might be okay because I have regular potatoes as well as carrots that need eating. Eh, I won't go shopping yet. Nothing is super urgent I need to get really soon.

Not much else interesting has happened today really. My dad hasn't phoned me for a few days which is unusual, leading me to think he may want to phone tonight, if not tonight then tomorrow. :hmmm: Normally he has something to waffle about every few days. Oh, also I decided not to get any paper. Mind maps aren't essential, and I can't imagine I will have to print anything off in the next few weeks. If I do then I can get some paper. :h:

Food diary!

Breakfast: nothing
Dinner: chicken, spinach, sweet potato and green beans
Snack: cornetto

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
10th May 2018

I'm pleased with myself for today. :h: I went to bed at midnight again, but felt okay about it because I've still been productive today. :yy: I woke up just after 7:30, which surprised me as I wasn't that tired. It's crazy to think how 9 months ago I would have been able to barely function on that amount of sleep. :yikes: I chatted to my boyfriend from then onwards until almost 1 when he went to sleep. I got up and got dressed just before 9, and got started on work.

Turns out I only have 44 studies for cognitive, so who knows where I got 63 from! :noway: That relieved me. About 10 of them I already know solidly, so today has just been memorising. There's only 9 I keep getting confused and muddled up, so I'm taking today as very successful. :yeah: I'll try and get those 9 sorted tonight so tomorrow I can start on social psychology. Maybe that's the one with a lot. :hmmmm:

I reached a moment mid-morning though when my mind just hit a blank, so I stopped working and wrote my baking tips thread for the summer. I encourage you guys to go and bake something delicious, because everybody feels better after having a cupcake, right?! :yum: I was proud of myself for getting that done, as I had kept forgetting about it for too long. I'm so excited to bake in just over 2 weeks! My elbows tingle at the thought. :nutcase:

I didn't really have a breakfast, just a few handfuls of almonds. For lunch though I was good and had 2 sunny side up eggs on brown toast. I had almost forgotten I had eggs and they need using in the next week so I thought I'd use those today. Makes a change from my wrap, but I'll probably go back to them tomorrow, ha. :mmm:

I also phoned the estate agent to arrange a viewing for the house I'm living in during 2nd year. My dad wants to see it. The house is small and there's not much room when all the furniture is there, yet he seems to think we can put a desk in my room and stuff like that. I've told him it's too small for that, but I guess he needs to see it to believe it. :huff: He's also suggested taking out the double bed that is in there and buying me a single bed so I have more room. I don't think we will be allowed to do that in case of damage and everything but he is adamant on asking and then if they say no trying to make them say yes! That's one thing I don't like about my dad - he is so argumentative and won't let things settle. :hmpf: I know he is going to be embarrassing during that viewing. :hide:

After lunch I was going to go on a walk to town and get some diet pepsi and cashews but I realised I had to shower first as my hair was not looking good. So I had a glorious shower using my charcoal face wash again. I actually really like it. :yep: I don't have to use my moisturiser on my face anymore because the face wash is so good. It exfoliates my skin so it doesn't dry out anymore. I love it! Still messy though so I think I will try and find a non-charcoal one.

Ergghh as I typed that bit above a mahoosive bee just flew around my window and even though it's closed I was briefly concerned about it coming in. :zomg: Seriously why are the bees so big this year? It's frightening and I don't appreciate it. Now I can't open my window until at least tomorrow. :noway:

After my shower I just did more revision with my space heater on to dry my hair fast. I still wanted to go out and go for that walk, so my hair dried in about 2 hours which was great. :thumbsup: Without my heater it would take 5 or 6. I don't like using a hairdryer because it tangles my hair so much and tangled hair is a b*tch I try to avoid as much as possible.

I left for my walk at about 3, but before I left I asked at reception about the moving out process. Turns out I can just move all my stuff out and then once I'm gone they'll check the room for any damage and let me know within a week if I am being charged anything. I shouldn't be as I haven't damaged or broken anything! I'm very careful. :innocent:

My walk was lovely. Really nice and sunny, with a little breeze. :flower2: I decided to only walk the 30 minutes to the usual bus stop I get on to go to town. My shoes were very slightly rubbing on my heels. This pair of shoes I've had for several weeks but always put plasters on my heels to stop them rubbing, but this time I didn't. I wore them to work on Monday and they were fine without plasters. I think I need to be wearing soft socks for them to not rub, so I'll try wearing them again tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

I finished Suits, and I teared up when Mike and Rachel got married. :lovedup: Hearing people be romantic to each other is just lovely and I'm soppy so I can't help it at all. Now I need to find a new show to watch! :hmmmm:

I had the same dinner as the past few nights, just with normal potatoes instead of sweet ones. I prefer sweet potatoes definitely. Now for the rest of the evening I'll be working on my revision and watching one or two documentaries about crime, which is always fun. I've woken up my boyfriend and am chatting to him, and will do until I sleep most likely.

Food diary!

Breakfast: almonds
Lunch: 2 sunny side up eggs on toast
Dinner: chicken, potatoes, spinach and green beans
Snacks: I bought a cheesecake so I'll have a slice of that later!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest