Proof of identity documents

Watch this thread
catarina.ipaulo
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, my name's Catarina Paulo and I'm European and I applied for student finance about two weeks ago.
Yesterday I received three letters, two containing my Customer Reference Number and my internet password and other saying that the documents I sent as proof of identity couldn't be accepted. I sent my national ID and other declaration confirming my address along with the certifier's form completed but what I didn't do was asking my certifier to stamp every single sheet of documentation I sent. Was that the problem? I thought it would be enough to fill the certifier's form and stamp it.
Also I'm not sure what I need to send. I have just done my passport I just need to get it on friday, should I wait for it and send a copy of it rather than a photocopy my national ID card?
I tried calling for SFE and sent a message via facebook but they haven't replied to me. I really wanted to get this done as fast as I can.
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by catarina.ipaulo)
Hello, my name's Catarina Paulo and I'm European and I applied for student finance about two weeks ago.
Yesterday I received three letters, two containing my Customer Reference Number and my internet password and other saying that the documents I sent as proof of identity couldn't be accepted. I sent my national ID and other declaration confirming my address along with the certifier's form completed but what I didn't do was asking my certifier to stamp every single sheet of documentation I sent. Was that the problem? I thought it would be enough to fill the certifier's form and stamp it.
Also I'm not sure what I need to send. I have just done my passport I just need to get it on friday, should I wait for it and send a copy of it rather than a photocopy my national ID card?
I tried calling for SFE and sent a message via facebook but they haven't replied to me. I really wanted to get this done as fast as I can.
Hi catarina,

If you are applying as an EU student we require a certified copy of your EU ID card or your EU passport.
The documents that you have send may not have been correctly certified or match the Certifier checklist.
We can also accept your original ID card or Passport as proof of identity.

I would suggest if you contact Student Finance European Team they will be happy to help. We are unable to access accounts on The Student Room as this is a public forum.

The contact Telephone number for the EU team is listed below.

0044 141 243 3570

Thanks

Louise
catarina.ipaulo
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Louise E SFE)
Hi catarina,

If you are applying as an EU student we require a certified copy of your EU ID card or your EU passport.
The documents that you have send may not have been correctly certified or match the Certifier checklist.
We can also accept your original ID card or Passport as proof of identity.

I would suggest if you contact Student Finance European Team they will be happy to help. We are unable to access accounts on The Student Room as this is a public forum.

The contact Telephone number for the EU team is listed below.

0044 141 243 3570

Thanks

Louise
Thank you. The telephone number I had was incomplete.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads