The Student Room Group

A Month Before 2018 GCSE Exams

I'm just about a month away till my GCSE exams start, up untill now I've only studied for mocks but have now forgotten most of the content.
Let me just say what i study now:
Maths
English Literature and Language
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
RE
Art
I'm predicted grades 7-9.
I'm really worried that I've started my revision late, I keep telling myself that I should work now and it will be fine. I also know that its too late to start making notes so I'm just making posters and post it notes around the house to help me remember quotes, ideas, content etc. I really need to start practicing questions as I feel that will help the most. I procrastinate a lot and am genuinely just worried because everyone in my class seems to be well into revision.ALSO Art seems to be really annoying now since I've left everything late so now i gotta rush my sketchbooks while revising all my other subjects.

Anyone suggest any tips and ideas that could help me?
yeah this isn't much time left but really most people don't seriously start revising until the summer term, you just gotta do what you can. Honestly, if you really feel you're running out of time try to prioritie- which subjects do you need good grades in (ones for a levels, uni etc), and start revising hardest for your first exams- not the ones which are still 2 months away
Reply 2
Do as much past paper practice as possible

Use https://senecalearning.com/ - has literally helped me so much

Use youtube channels for topics you struggle with. Mr Bruff, Primrose Kitten, Freesciencelessons all good but there are loads out there
Original post by that.one.student
I'm just about a month away till my GCSE exams start, up untill now I've only studied for mocks but have now forgotten most of the content.
Let me just say what i study now:
Maths
English Literature and Language
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
RE
Art
I'm predicted grades 7-9.
I'm really worried that I've started my revision late, I keep telling myself that I should work now and it will be fine. I also know that its too late to start making notes so I'm just making posters and post it notes around the house to help me remember quotes, ideas, content etc. I really need to start practicing questions as I feel that will help the most. I procrastinate a lot and am genuinely just worried because everyone in my class seems to be well into revision.ALSO Art seems to be really annoying now since I've left everything late so now i gotta rush my sketchbooks while revising all my other subjects.

Anyone suggest any tips and ideas that could help me?

I’m literally in the exact same position and want 7-9’s, we can do it, hopefully!
For sciences: Watch every freesciencelessons video for paper 1 of each subject at 2x speed and make revision cards/notes with the words he puts in bold. Then consistently read these every day to remind yourself of the topic. Then do practice paper questions. You can spend most of your time in the half-term in exam season revising paper 2.
Original post by MimiElf
Do as much past paper practice as possible

Use https://senecalearning.com/ - has literally helped me so much

Use youtube channels for topics you struggle with. Mr Bruff, Primrose Kitten, Freesciencelessons all good but there are loads out there

thank youuu, yeah mr bruff is really good
Original post by 1+1=Window
For sciences: Watch every freesciencelessons video for paper 1 of each subject at 2x speed and make revision cards/notes with the words he puts in bold. Then consistently read these every day to remind yourself of the topic. Then do practice paper questions. You can spend most of your time in the half-term in exam season revising paper 2.

For science I use my textbooks but mostly for physics I use freesciencelessons, despite the monotone voice, I find it really helpful
Original post by meredith2017
yeah this isn't much time left but really most people don't seriously start revising until the summer term, you just gotta do what you can. Honestly, if you really feel you're running out of time try to prioritie- which subjects do you need good grades in (ones for a levels, uni etc), and start revising hardest for your first exams- not the ones which are still 2 months away

I'm going to try revising subjects far away now so i don't end up revising them a day before since id be busy revising the exams at the beginning (if that makes sense)
your right about prioritising, thanks:u:
Original post by sxhxl
I’m literally in the exact same position and want 7-9’s, we can do it, hopefully!

yeah, stay optimistic, and start from now i guess if we put 100% in from now, we'll be finee
Original post by that.one.student
For science I use my textbooks but mostly for physics I use freesciencelessons, despite the monotone voice, I find it really helpful

Yep don't worry about his voice too much. I just write down the notes and while reading them I understand them (without even listening to him). Then when I do listen to him, I find it easy. Also, always watch videos (if you use them for revision) on 1.5x or 2x speed - it's a life-saver for saving time.

Quick Reply

Latest