Turn on thread page Beta

Does he like me? Honest opinions please!! watch

So there’s this barista at my coffee shop and he kept asking me questions about my day. He would randomly keep smiling at me. And then he offered me a free slice of cake and extra loyalty stamps. Also when I was leaving, I looked back and he was staring right into my eyes.
    Is he just being nice?
    Thanks for all your answers!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think he likes you

ReputationRep:
    Got a fun idea - write your number on a piece of paper and go and order a takeaway coffee, when he hands you the coffee put the paper on the counter and walk out the door - then if you get a text you're onto a winner, if you want that ofc haha

ReputationRep:
    I am not familiar with the dating/flirting scene, however even I can say with my little experience in this field that yes, there is definitely something there!
    How long has this behaviour been going on for? How have you been responding to his 'passes'? Are you interested in him in a romantic way? Just a few questions to think about.

ReputationRep:
    i doubt it. he's a barista. his job is to be nice so people buy more(as you are clearly doing)

(Original post by username1138804)
    Got a fun idea - write your number on a piece of paper and go and order a takeaway coffee, when he hands you the coffee put the paper on the counter and walk out the door - then if you get a text you're onto a winner, if you want that ofc haha
    Lol I love it 😊 I think I might do that actually

(Original post by PusE)
    I am not familiar with the dating/flirting scene, however even I can say with my little experience in this field that yes, there is definitely something there!
    How long has this behaviour been going on for? How have you been responding to his 'passes'? Are you interested in him in a romantic way? Just a few questions to think about.
    Well I’ve only met him once! I think he’s quite fit actually lol 😂 well I’ve been smiling back but I don’t really know how to respond tbh. I want to know if he’s just being nice l- not too sure!

ReputationRep:
    Hard to tell - usually I would say yes, it sounds like he likes you! However, I worked in retail shops and friendliness and cheeky banter can be misconstrued as flirting. As someone else suggested, give him your number. If you get a text, go for it. If he doesn't and you feel embarrassed, try a new shop.

(Original post by becca277)
    Hard to tell - usually I would say yes, it sounds like he likes you! However, I worked in retail shops and friendliness and cheeky banter can be misconstrued as flirting. As someone else suggested, give him your number. If you get a text, go for it. If he doesn't and you feel embarrassed, try a new shop.
    Yh, I think you’re right. It’s an independent shop so isn’t that busy... I guess I can try but I won’t be able to go in there again if it fails 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yh, I think you’re right. It’s an independent shop so isn’t that busy... I guess I can try but I won’t be able to go in there again if it fails 😂
    It does sound quite positive though. I would definitely try giving him your number, just slide him it on a bit of paper and see where it goes. Even if he isn't interested, he might let you down gently and so it won't be too awkward. You'll never know unless you try!

Why did you get given a free cake?

Surely his managers would realize and he'd get into trouble

Why did you get given a free cake?

Surely his managers would realize and he'd get into trouble
    Umm I’m not sure, maybe no one would notice one slice tbh 😂

ReputationRep:
    No he does not like you, why would he give you more cake and try to make you fatter?

Spoiler:
    Show

Jk, he probably just thinks you look attractive. I've noticed guys working at tills treat me differently when I'm wearing make up.

(Original post by Lemonsponge)
    No he does not like you, why would he give you more cake and try to make you fatter?

Spoiler:
    Show

Jk, he probably just thinks you look attractive. I've noticed guys working at tills treat me differently when I'm wearing make up.
    Aha this made me laugh 😂

ReputationRep:
    What kind of cake was it?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he likes you

(Original post by chazwomaq)
    What kind of cake was it?
    Lol 😂 blueberry- why? 😂

ReputationRep:
    Lol 😂 blueberry- why? 😂
    Definitely likes you then.

(Original post by chazwomaq)
    Definitely likes you then.
    Lol why 😂

ReputationRep:
    The horny kids are back

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2018
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.