Ocr
_HS
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Life864)
Ocr
same! what texts do you do? we do Duchess of malfi, paradise lost, the tempest, gatsby and grapes of wrath
hope.3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ocr
ohh, i’m aqa
Life864
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by _HS)
same! what texts do you do? we do Duchess of malfi, paradise lost, the tempest, gatsby and grapes of wrath
Great Gatsby
Age of innocence
Measure for measure
A Dolls House
Selected poems of Rossetti
_HS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ahh your texts are so much better than mine... I read the age of innocence and I loved it. Do you have any tips on how to get a high A/A*? I'm stuck on a 26 really want to be getting 28
Life864
Rep:
?
(Original post by _HS)
ahh your texts are so much better than mine... I read the age of innocence and I loved it. Do you have any tips on how to get a high A/A*? I'm stuck on a 26 really want to be getting 28
Good joke. I am a loser at English literature. I get like D/C. I want a A though.
_HS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good joke. I am a loser at English literature. I get like D/C. I want a A though.
ohhh.. I thought you were getting As and wanting to get A*

I would recommend PLANNING! It's so useful as a revision technique but also in exams because it means that you will have a clear argument.

For comparisons try and start your topic sentence with a difference instead of a similarity? For example: Both Fitzgerald and Wharton presents the presents American society as rigid, however Fitzgerald does.... whereas Wharton does....

For the unseen AO3 doesn't just have to be historical, it could be literary eg modernism, realism, naturalism etc and make links to other american novels.
Life864
Rep:
?
(Original post by _HS)
ohhh.. I thought you were getting As and wanting to get A*

I would recommend PLANNING! It's so useful as a revision technique but also in exams because it means that you will have a clear argument.

For comparisons try and start your topic sentence with a difference instead of a similarity? For example: Both Fitzgerald and Wharton presents the presents American society as rigid, however Fitzgerald does.... whereas Wharton does....

For the unseen AO3 doesn't just have to be historical, it could be literary eg modernism, realism, naturalism etc and make links to other american novels.
I don't know what qoutes to revise or critics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads