The Student Room Group

Do girls only date tall guys :(

There's this girl i like whose in my English class whose the same height as me (even though my hair makes me look just taller than her) so i talked to one of her friends and she said that she only dates tall guys :frown:

now i'm just constantly feeling bad about myself for being short cause i'm afraid all my crushes would be into really tall guys , anyone else relate to this ?

I've started going to the gym more to try and gain muscle

i'm 5ft 4 btw

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Cecily Nevyll
Obviously not, otherwise no short men would be married and have kids...dear.

i've never seen short guys with girls though tbh :frown:
Dont let small girls who for some reason want a tall guy determine your self worth king

theres a queen out there who's perfect for you
Reply 3
Original post by higgs334
Dont let small girls who for some reason want a tall guy determine your self worth king

theres a queen out there who's perfect for you

thankyou , is 5ft 4 short in your opinion
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
i've never seen short guys with girls though tbh :frown:

I have...
Reply 5
Original post by e^iπ
I have...

i haven't
Reply 6
thankyou , is 5ft 4 short in your opinion

Not really, will there be guys in every situation that are taller than you, probably but your not that short that it's comedic, no one will notice TBH.
Reply 7
i haven't

Are you in high school?
Reply 8
Original post by e^iπ
Are you in high school?

well i'm in college or sixth form

i'm 17
Reply 9
well i'm in college or sixth form

i'm 17

exactly, what people in high school don't realise is that they inhabit an extremely small bubble. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean that short guys don't have gf's.
Original post by e^iπ
exactly, what people in high school don't realise is that they inhabit an extremely small bubble. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean that short guys don't have gf's.

i just want to be with someone :frown:
Reply 11
i just want to be with someone :frown:

Don't waste your time feeling down just because you don't have a gf. Do well at school and get into university. You'll have more freedom in university anyway and school dating is just drama central.
Original post by e^iπ
Don't waste your time feeling down just because you don't have a gf. Do well at school and get into university. You'll have more freedom in university anyway and school dating is just drama central.

yeh ok then , thankyou :redface:
Reply 13
yeh ok then , thankyou :redface:

In the mean time, get a hobby outside of school, youpl meet new people (some of which will be girls) as you shouldn't limit yourself to the people in your school.
Original post by e^iπ
In the mean time, get a hobby outside of school, youpl meet new people (some of which will be girls) as you shouldn't limit yourself to the people in your school.

does gym count as hobby ?
Reply 15
does gym count as hobby ?

I was thinking more along the lines of a group hobby like a club (possibly a sports club or even volunteering) as the gym is more of an individual pursuit, most people just want to do their workout and leave without the aim of making friends.
There's this girl i like whose in my English class whose the same height as me (even though my hair makes me look just taller than her) so i talked to one of her friends and she said that she only dates tall guys :frown:

now i'm just constantly feeling bad about myself for being short cause i'm afraid all my crushes would be into really tall guys , anyone else relate to this ?

i'm 5ft 4 btw

As someone who is 6'4, I can tell you that practically every girl has a fetish for height though I'm sure they look past it
I'm sorry to break it you but I've only ever seen a couple of short guy who managed to get a taller girlfriend (two girlfriends succsessively as a matter of fact and they were both drop dead gorgeous). This guy was half-Danish rich,highly charismatic and socially adept, confident, very intelligent and academically inclined (though he was never seen doing any hard work) and extremely hedonistic. He was also in pretty good shape too. In other words, he was the life of the party (and a bit of a tw*t). These two girls were around 5'11 or something and had perfect bodies. He used to be a chubby, mousy little insecure nerd in primary school and I confess I used to enjoy taking the p*ss out of him.

Second one was German and was an amateur aesthetic bodybuilder. He was hobbit sized, height wise, but he shagged all the best looking girls in the school and was earned himself a 'loveable f*ckboy' reputation. He was also charismatic and socially adept, confident, ruthlessly intelligent (I honestly think he was a closet psychopath) and like the other guy, managed to get good grades without being seen working hard on anything but his physique.Unlike the other guy, his family wasn't especially well off (he had a f*cktonne of siblings) but he hid it well. We used to be friends but his ego couldn't handle my height and the fact that I didn't lick his *rse and he used his social influence to smear my name which meant I was an outcast for the last 3/4 months of year 11 :biggrin:

These two m*dgets were larger than life characters (who both happened to have northern European heriatage funnily enough) with a wide social circle and plenty going for them. I gave you these examples to show how much a short person needs to compensate for their height in order to gain success with high quality women. You'll have to work very hard, focus on self-imporvement all while maintaining the facade that it comes naturally and even then, you aren't guarunteed to be succesful. If you're less ambitious, just find some average looking short person and get with them
Not all girls date tall guys .. I’m 5’3 n my boyfriend is 5’6 not that much taller then me..
Reply 18
I'm shorter than you with a taller girlfriend. Height will be a deal breaker for a lot of girls but you will find someone who won't see your height as an issue.

i'm 5ft 4 btw

No we don’t

/end thread

I suspect that you want to hear an answer that thinks you may have a chance, however. By all means get buff but if she isn’t attracted to short guys there isn’t a great deal you can do. Just be a friend to her, make her laugh etc

Quick Reply

Latest