The Student Room Group

Are any of these indicators that he might like me?

I’m 18, guy is 20. Been in the same course for a month now, feeling like he’s starting to look at me in a different way.
Here are some things I have noticed at least this week that are different to before:

Every time he makes a joke or says anything he looks at me immediately after

Is patient and understanding with me, even when I get really frustrated with things (he used to treat me the way he treats the other guy in our class, saying “come on, get with it” or something like that)

Smiles a lot at me, and laughs at all my jokes even when they’re not funny

Knows I have mental health issues but is always kind and funny to me

Was the only person to compliment my presentation today, and I was the only one to compliment his

Couple weeks ago he said he wasn’t looking to date anyone but on Monday we did a project of needs and wants based on life planning and budgeting and when the guy next to me couldn’t think of wants, he (the guy I like) said “I wrote down, a girl” (might not be relevant but his attitude on that has changed)

As mentioned before, he used to treat me and our friend the same but I definitely get treated differently now. And it frequently feels to me like our friend is the third wheel, even though the guy and I aren’t dating (yet!). We take the p*** out of our friend regularly because he’s an idiot but we love him. But the guy never teases me like that anymore. Our friend does, but he doesn’t.

I can give more details if needed, I just didn’t want to make this post too long
Reply 1
Bump.
Hi, as someone who has been on the other side of this, that definitely does sound like he does, I'm pretty sure I did most/all of those things when I was interested in a girl recently,Can't tell you for definite, but highly likely imo.
Reply 3
Original post by ThunderHawk
Hi, as someone who has been on the other side of this, that definitely does sound like he does, I'm pretty sure I did most/all of those things when I was interested in a girl recently,Can't tell you for definite, but highly likely imo.

Thanks a lot, that gives me a lot of hope :biggrin: I think there’s a reasonably good chance he’ll ask me on a date, I sent him a friend request on Facebook after class today and immediately got accepted so I have a good feeling about it :3 really really hope he asks me out, only 2 weeks left of the course 😬
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks a lot, that gives me a lot of hope :biggrin: I think there’s a reasonably good chance he’ll ask me on a date, I sent him a friend request on Facebook after class today and immediately got accepted so I have a good feeling about it :3 really really hope he asks me out, only 2 weeks left of the course 😬

Good luck, hope it turns out better for you than I haha, should note that i always accepted friend request and answered texts and whatever immediately aswell, again, best of luck! :smile:
can you give more detail

2 more paragraphs pretty please
Reply 6
Original post by WEASEL espinoza
can you give more detail

2 more paragraphs pretty please

lol I meant if it's impossible to make a judgement based on what I already said. It's 10:17pm and I don't have the energy for writing more paragraphs right now :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest