The Student Room Group

Please I really need advice

So I’ve been with this guy for 5 years n he keeps telling me I’m not the same person I don’t love him as much I don’t look at him the same but we have been thru a lot and that has effect a lot ... for about two months after are baby was born we broke up n I had to cope wit not bein with him and being Alone.. we got back together and everything was fine. Now we are going they something else and I feel alone all over again he work or out running around and doing for other people mostly females btw 10-12 hours a day so I’m always alone n the ways of coping before have came back.. but he blames me for how are relationship is going when he don’t help .. for example I try to tell him about how I’m feeling and he tells me he don’t care n I said that’s not okay like u should n he said he don’t care cus when he needed me to I didn’t but we weren’t together.. n I did care I just had to care about my and my daughter before I cared about his feeling cus who’s to say we where getting back together.. so now he’s treating me like crap and always yelling.. n telling me he don’t wanna be with me no more... and it’s all my fault... is there something I can do it change it.. am I the wrong one for always feeling alone...
First off you are not in the wrong here. He should not be treating you like this and you should not be tolerating it either. Especially because you guys have a baby now and that's not the type of example you want to set for her while she's growing up. I think you should have a very serious talk with him about your future. If he is going to keep treating you like that then you need to step out of that space and live separately from each other and find a way to raise your daughter apart from each other. You guys are now parents and you guys have to think about her first and do what is best for her first. Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by alicesmiloves
First off you are not in the wrong here. He should not be treating you like this and you should not be tolerating it either. Especially because you guys have a baby now and that's not the type of example you want to set for her while she's growing up. I think you should have a very serious talk with him about your future. If he is going to keep treating you like that then you need to step out of that space and live separately from each other and find a way to raise your daughter apart from each other. You guys are now parents and you guys have to think about her first and do what is best for her first. Hope this helps

Thank you n I try to talk to him all the time he tells me he don’t care or he don’t wanna hear my excuses.. n I have no where to go I don’t really talk to my parents I have no friends pretty much because of him n the friends I do have one moved to Florida and the other has a baby n lives with her mom.. my sister already said if she wasn’t dealing with what she is dealing with I could come there but I can’t n not only that he always say if we go are separate ways are daughter will live with him cus his parenting way works and mines don’t but yet I’m the one who takes care of are daughter all day and night long... and she’s perfectly fine..
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you n I try to talk to him all the time he tells me he don’t care or he don’t wanna hear my excuses.. n I have no where to go I don’t really talk to my parents I have no friends pretty much because of him n the friends I do have one moved to Florida and the other has a baby n lives with her mom.. my sister already said if she wasn’t dealing with what she is dealing with I could come there but I can’t n not only that he always say if we go are separate ways are daughter will live with him cus his parenting way works and mines don’t but yet I’m the one who takes care of are daughter all day and night long... and she’s perfectly fine..

I think you should go with your parents and explain to them the situation, after all you are their daughter and I don't think they'll turn you away. They can help you in the meantime while you get back on your feet because at this point, I think it is time that you separate yourself from your boyfriend. You can always take him to court and fight for custody or have joint custody. Anything is better than having your baby girl living in the environment with him. You have to think about her well being and yours as well. Really take this advice because if you continue living and arguing with your boyfriend, you are going to be hurting yourself and your daughter too.
I dont think you should be with him. you spoke to him, but he isn't willing to try for you. you deserve better and so does your child. go find someone who will appreciate you and your child.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
That’s weird

Try Linux.
Reply 6
Thank you everyone so much ... it really does help we talked again and for now we are going to try to live together and co parent and work on are selfs yea it’s going to be hard but this way we both are still with are daughter ... regardless how he treats me he is an amazing father and she loves him... I am going to try talking to my parents just to talk to them because I do miss them hopefully they feel the same ... and he said he is always going to be here for me if I need anything.. I think we need to learn how to be friends again cus at one point he was my bestfriend.. and I dk what happened.. I just want my bestfriend back..
Leave him. He’s clearly toxic. You need to think about yourself and your child. Raising children should be done by both parents not one. If he’s not helping you, then he’s of no use. Hopefully you’ll find someone better or he realises what he’s missing out on 🌸
Reply 8
Original post by TheEnchantress
Leave him. He’s clearly toxic. You need to think about yourself and your child. Raising children should be done by both parents not one. If he’s not helping you, then he’s of no use. Hopefully you’ll find someone better or he realises what he’s missing out on 🌸

Thank you .. and he does help with her.. he great with her they have a special bond.. it’s me and him that have problems

Quick Reply

Latest