Dirasa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently in my 1st year studying Maths.
A module consists of 4 class tests (worth 5% each) and one summer exam worth the remaining 80%?

If a student fails, Does doing a resit mean resitting class tests+summer exam or can you only resit just the one summer exam?

Assuming you can only resit the summer exam, would it be futile in resitting it because the mark is capped at 40% and I need to get 41% to pass.

Or is their just one resit exam worth 100% of the module?

PS, I've contacted someone at the university, I'm just waiting for a reply so I thought I'd ask here until then.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dirasa)
I'm currently in my 1st year studying Maths.
A module consists of 4 class tests (worth 5% each) and one summer exam worth the remaining 80%?

If a student fails, Does doing a resit mean resitting class tests+summer exam or can you only resit just the one summer exam?

Assuming you can only resit the summer exam, would it be futile in resitting it because the mark is capped at 40% and I need to get 41% to pass.

Or is their just one resit exam worth 100% of the module?

PS, I've contacted someone at the university, I'm just waiting for a reply so I thought I'd ask here until then.
Your uni handbook should say what the resit rules are or it will be on the website. They will state.

My guess is it will be a carry forward of your test marks and you resit the summer exam capped. It wouldnt be futile resitting because if you fail to get 40% then you may be prevented from progressing. It may count as 100% or it may count as 80. only they can tell you.

Considering you dont seem to have sat your exam yet then it is futile fretting and you should focus on your exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.22%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (287)
59.18%
No (163)
33.61%

Watched Threads