The Student Room Group

Foundation, Post Graduate, or Under Graduate

I'm picking my college or uni option and it keeps asking me if I would rather do a Post Graduate, Under Graduate or foundation and i don't know what either of those is.
yeh
Original post by kam3n_
I'm picking my college or uni option and it keeps asking me if I would rather do a Post Graduate, Under Graduate or foundation and i don't know what either of those is.
yeh

If you haven’t got a degree then you can’t apply for a postgraduate degree.

Most students apply for undergraduate degrees.

There’s a few types of foundation - they’re all usually for people who aren’t able or ready to start an undergraduate degree. Either because they have qualifications in the wrong subjects or because they need to improve their knowledge in their current subjects further before starting degree level studies.
Are you a GCSE student, or an A-level student...?

University applications are for students who are in the process of completing their A-levels. For these applications, refer to PQ's post, which explains the differences in those qualifications you noted.

If you are looking to apply to 6th Form Colleges as a GCSE student, you should look at the "16-18 Choices" section of the UCAS website and search in that; you won't normally be applying to university until Year 13.

Quick Reply