The Student Room Group

Any of the Glasgow Law crowd heard back yet?

There were at least half a dozen of us at the start of the week, interested to know if anybody ever heard back.
Original post by Rmcewan15
There were at least half a dozen of us at the start of the week, interested to know if anybody ever heard back.

Nope :/
Reply 2
Original post by rozanov
Nope :/

C'est la vie
C'est la vie

For real. I had exams to keep me distracted but after tomorrow's I'll definitely start to worry even more. Doesn't seem like any of the others have heard back, does it?
Reply 4
Original post by rozanov
For real. I had exams to keep me distracted but after tomorrow's I'll definitely start to worry even more. Doesn't seem like any of the others have heard back, does it?

You're already doing exams??? And I guess not. I thought about emailing again but I don't think it's gonna make a difference. I just hope they actually consider our applications and give us an answer rather than just let the UCAS timer run out.
You're already doing exams??? And I guess not. I thought about emailing again but I don't think it's gonna make a difference. I just hope they actually consider our applications and give us an answer rather than just let the UCAS timer run out.

Yeah, in my country there's 4 written exams and one oral one. My last day of school was in mid March. Tomorrow's my last written exam and the oral exam is in mid may. After that I'm free haha I'll get the results in about six weeks

And yes I'd hate for the timer to run out instead of the uni replying
Reply 6
Original post by rozanov
Yeah, in my country there's 4 written exams and one oral one. My last day of school was in mid March. Tomorrow's my last written exam and the oral exam is in mid may. After that I'm free haha I'll get the results in about six weeks

Omg lucky you. The Scottish exam schedule runs from the start of May to the start of June depending on what you do. And yeah, as I've said before, it's not the fact that they're taking a long time to do it, it's the fact that they're not communicating with us (at least truthfully) to let us know where we actually stand.
Reply 7
Original post by rozanov

I JUST GOT AN EMAIL REQUESTING FURTHER INFORMATION.

Basically, I'm no longer doing Common Law, I'm doing Scot's. I don't really understand the difference except knowing from personal experience that the Scottish legal system is less than perfect, but it seems like they're prepared to give me a place!

Good luck if they do hit you up dude. It seems that at least now they are finally catching up with the backlog.
I JUST GOT AN EMAIL REQUESTING FURTHER INFORMATION.

Basically, I'm no longer doing Common Law, I'm doing Scot's. I don't really understand the difference except knowing from personal experience that the Scottish legal system is less than perfect, but it seems like they're prepared to give me a place!

Good luck if they do hit you up dude. It seems that at least now they are finally catching up with the backlog.

That's great dude! I applied for common cause I'm not from Scotland and tbh idk about what's different in Scots law. But anyway, good luck to you, too!
I applied for common law and I haven't heard either
Called them a week ago got a reply saying that they will update UCAS sometime until Friday, called them once more and they said that they would update it by the weekend and latest monday. Sitting here on a monday now and still no reply..........
I got my offer this morning so maybe they're starting to send them out!
I’m an international student and got an offer a couple weeks back, it’s conditional but I’ve submitted my grades and now just waiting for UCAS to update...
Original post by ebreierw
I’m an international student and got an offer a couple weeks back, it’s conditional but I’ve submitted my grades and now just waiting for UCAS to update...

Congrats! Where are you from?
Original post by rozanov
Congrats! Where are you from?

I’m from Canada! Still trying to decide on where to go but it’s definitely hard... Have you gotten all of your offers?
I’m from Canada! Still trying to decide on where to go but it’s definitely hard... Have you gotten all of your offers?

I'm only waiting for Glasgow to reply now, and I have two offers from good unis so far but Glasgow would absolutely be my first choice.
Rejected🙃 happens to the best of us lol
Original post by rozanov
I'm only waiting for Glasgow to reply now, and I have two offers from good unis so far but Glasgow would absolutely be my first choice.

Well hopefully you hear back soon! Im deciding between Glasgow, UWE, and Brighton, if you have an opinion I would definitely appreciate it!
Well hopefully you hear back soon! Im deciding between Glasgow, UWE, and Brighton, if you have an opinion I would definitely appreciate it!

Well, I did hear back :frown:

Honestly, as I too am not from the UK nor do any of my friends study law, take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I think Glasgow's only disadvantage could be it's geographical distance to London and its firms compared to your other choices. If I recall correctly, Glasgow is the third oldest university in the english speaking world, adding immensely to its international prestige.

Quick Reply

Latest