Contradicted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello All!

I am currently working on an essay on Minor Parties however, im finding difficulties in what my answer should include. The question is:

Evaluate the strengths and Impacts of minor parties in the UK

If you have any points or even better, an example paragraph/essay, please let me know

Have a great day!

Samee A
DickensTheWriter
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Samee,
Since 2015, minor political parties have influenced the direction UK politics take. I have done numerous Political Science and Current affairs papers. DM me if you are interested.

(Original post by Samee Aslam)
Hello All!

I am currently working on an essay on Minor Parties however, im finding difficulties in what my answer should include. The question is:

Evaluate the strengths and Impacts of minor parties in the UK

If you have any points or even better, an example paragraph/essay, please let me know

Have a great day!

Samee A
Contradicted
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
bump
Wellnowhe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well il help you, this is what I’ve done if I have that form of essay in the exam:

Minor parties have been in some form of power and have won elections - UKIP did well in 2015 European elections winning 27% of the vote and 24 seats, SNP have an overall majority in the Scottish Parliament even under the AMS Electoral system since 2011.

Minority parties have influenced major the political parties such as the Green Party on policies of the environment, and importantly UKIP in pressuring the conservative government to hold a referendum on the EU (surely I don’t need to explain the result unless you’ve been in a cave)

Minority parties have held importance to the U.K. and been part of government such as 2010-2015 conservative-Lib Dems coalition and minority conservative govt in 2017 backed by the DUP

And finally minority parties have a huge and potentially huge impact on the current micro era of politics arising of brexit, the DUP and Sinn Fein will be important with matters arising if a hard border between Ireland, growth in the backing of a second referendum only Lib Dem’s officially are calling for one, SNP and Scottish independence around how they overwhelmingly voted to remain and of cause again to reiterate UKIP creates the issue of Brexit
Contradicted
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Wellnowhe)
Well il help you, this is what I’ve done if I have that form of essay in the exam:

Minor parties have been in some form of power and have won elections - UKIP did well in 2015 European elections winning 27% of the vote and 24 seats, SNP have an overall majority in the Scottish Parliament even under the AMS Electoral system since 2011.

Minority parties have influenced major the political parties such as the Green Party on policies of the environment, and importantly UKIP in pressuring the conservative government to hold a referendum on the EU (surely I don’t need to explain the result unless you’ve been in a cave)

Minority parties have held importance to the U.K. and been part of government such as 2010-2015 conservative-Lib Dems coalition and minority conservative govt in 2017 backed by the DUP

And finally minority parties have a huge and potentially huge impact on the current micro era of politics arising of brexit, the DUP and Sinn Fein will be important with matters arising if a hard border between Ireland, growth in the backing of a second referendum only Lib Dem’s officially are calling for one, SNP and Scottish independence around how they overwhelmingly voted to remain and of cause again to reiterate UKIP creates the issue of Brexit
Thank you!
Aliza1702
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello I have this same question right now, do you have any points you could perhaps give me?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (113)
4.94%
Uncertainty around my education (341)
14.9%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (249)
10.88%
Lack of purpose or motivation (320)
13.99%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (103)
4.5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (134)
5.86%
Loneliness (197)
8.61%
Financial worries (87)
3.8%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (95)
4.15%
Exposure to negative news/social media (111)
4.85%
Lack of real life entertainment (122)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (201)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (215)
9.4%

Watched Threads