Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Revision really doesn't benefit me so what revision methods can I do to help me?

ReputationRep:
    You can't say that revision doesn't help, only methods of revision that you're currently using aren't working for you.
    How about:
    - past papers
    - flash cards (if with questions, answer written out fully)
    - make a quizlet for key terms
    - use study apps e.g. Temple (sciences)
    I don't know what works for you so try out different methods BUT revision in itself is necessary to get good grades
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Other study apps: Seneca Learning (free, covers most subjects, v good), Tassomai (paid but good), Gojimo
    I find these the most effective way to revise, and just try each one and see which works best for you

Youtube videos also help me lots. Eg primrose kitten. mr bruff. freesciencelessons

And also if you feel unmotivated to revise, may be good to do stuff under more pressure. Timed essay questions and past papers, making essay plans in a short space of time etc. Can be more engaging than just making notes, reading through revision guides etc which are boring and don't tend to work very well

ReputationRep:
    Mind maps/spider charts
    Journey method
    Loci method
    Roman room method
    Post it notes around the house
    Practice questions
    Past papers

Looking around you and pick a problem - Ie finding the area of a window, the volume of water in a fish tank, a circle needed for a circular skirt, the angle of a heel on shoes, shopping money and so on.

Revision is simply going over what you've done so far, if you know it well, then teach it to someone (even the family pet) will do. This will show any areas you need to improve.

You could also work on your presentation - quite often when writing at speed the handwriting can become messy and illegible, so work on that

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.