oliverdaniels21
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Revision really doesn't benefit me so what revision methods can I do to help me?
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
You can't say that revision doesn't help, only methods of revision that you're currently using aren't working for you.
How about:
- past papers
- flash cards (if with questions, answer written out fully)
- make a quizlet for key terms
- use study apps e.g. Temple (sciences)
I don't know what works for you so try out different methods BUT revision in itself is necessary to get good grades
MimiElf
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Other study apps: Seneca Learning (free, covers most subjects, v good), Tassomai (paid but good), Gojimo
I find these the most effective way to revise, and just try each one and see which works best for you

Youtube videos also help me lots. Eg primrose kitten. mr bruff. freesciencelessons

And also if you feel unmotivated to revise, may be good to do stuff under more pressure. Timed essay questions and past papers, making essay plans in a short space of time etc. Can be more engaging than just making notes, reading through revision guides etc which are boring and don't tend to work very well
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Mind maps/spider charts
Journey method
Loci method
Roman room method
Post it notes around the house
Practice questions
Past papers

Looking around you and pick a problem - Ie finding the area of a window, the volume of water in a fish tank, a circle needed for a circular skirt, the angle of a heel on shoes, shopping money and so on.

Revision is simply going over what you've done so far, if you know it well, then teach it to someone (even the family pet) will do. This will show any areas you need to improve.

You could also work on your presentation - quite often when writing at speed the handwriting can become messy and illegible, so work on that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (33)
18.86%
The paper was reasonable (71)
40.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (34)
19.43%
It was TERRIBLE (37)
21.14%

Watched Threads