Yom HaZikaron Watch

the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
At this time the family of Israel remembers those who have fallen in battle and whilst preserving the peace.

"Today, the entire state of Israel unites in pain and gratitude, in sorrow and solidarity, for its 23,646 fallen soldiers — the heroic men and women who paid the ultimate price of their lives to ensure the creation and continued existence of the Jewish homeland. As with every year, on "Yom HaZikaron we remember too many faces whose lives were cut tragically short. These beautiful faces will stay forever young.

I remember those that I knew in training and under fire in battle; I remember their smiles and their warmth. I remember the face of the father who hugged his son, kissed his wife, and left but never returned.

Today, we all bow our heads, salute the memories of the fallen, and tightly embrace the bereaved families who lost their most precious and dearest and whose sadness never wanes.

The sacrifices of all who have fallen were not in vain. Their legacies are indelibly etched on the history pages of the State of Israel and the Jewish people. Tonight, when Yom HaZikaron ends and all Israeli flags are flying again at full-staff, we will begin to celebrate Israel's 70 years of independence — 70 years of hope, heroism, and unprecedented achievements.

This miracle of seven decades of success has been possible primarily thanks to the courage, resolve, and bravery of Israel's defenders, who put their lives on the line each and every day to protect the State of Israel and the Jewish people worldwide. Without the IDF soldiers' single-focused service and sacrifices, Israel would not be the bastion of freedom, liberty, and progress that it is today.

Being in Israel right now, with more than 150 Americans, Jews and non-Jews, as part of the biggest FIDF mission ever, demonstrates the unbreakable bond between the great United States of America and Israel. Only by standing together, fully united, can we face the challenges we currently see in our world.

On the eve of Israel's 70th birthday, we pray for the security of Israel, and for the strength and resolve of its citizens and soldiers. We pray for the return of missing soldiers, and for the speedy recovery of the wounded.

As the FIDF family, we must always have the backs of these brave young men and women, stand in solidarity with them, and look after them as they look after Israel.

With deep respect,

Maj. Gen. (Res.) Meir Klifi-Amir
National Director and CEO
Friends of the IDF (FIDF)
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by the bear)
fallen in battle and whilst preserving the peace.
Er, yeah, you might want to try that one again.
the bear
Rep:
?
(Original post by anarchism101)
Er, yeah, you might want to try that one again.

Name:  tsredgy222.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  281.3 KB
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

Name:  tsredgy222.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  281.3 KB

Not intended as edgy, merely that "in battle" and "preserving the peace" are kind of mutually exclusive things.
the bear
Rep:
?
Not intended as edgy, merely that "in battle" and "preserving the peace" are kind of mutually exclusive things.
Israel is a peaceful unaggressive country; naturally she defends her borders & citizens against threats
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Israel is a peaceful unaggressive country; naturally she defends her borders & citizens against threats
Keep telling yourself that.

Also, Israel hasn't had a conflict along a border since the 2006 Lebanon War. Gaza has no "border", merely a perimeter fence.
the bear
Rep:
?
Keep telling yourself that.

Also, Israel hasn't had a conflict along a border since the 2006 Lebanon War. Gaza has no "border", merely a perimeter fence.
where did i mention the G word ?

:holmes:
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
where did i mention the G word ?

:holmes:
Didn't say you did. You mentioned borders. Israel's actual borders have been largely unthreatened for quite a while now. Israel's wars nowadays are essentially internal ones with the Palestinians.
the bear
Rep:
?
Didn't say you did. You mentioned borders. Israel's actual borders have been largely unthreatened for quite a while now. Israel's wars nowadays are essentially internal ones with the Palestinians.
Israel's enemies are preparing for the big one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (38)
10.03%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.17%
No, but I want to start (136)
35.88%
No, I am unable to (86)
22.69%
No, I chose not to (107)
28.23%