The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA French speaking grade boundaries?

So I had my French speaking yesterday, and well my general conversation couldn’t have gone better but my role play and photo card couldn’t have gone worse ahah, so was just wonderign what are the rough grade boundaries being used by different schools??
we can't say for sure; we can't even estimate because no one knows how it's going to be or how other people are going to perform. however, in my school, in languages especially, we used the following:

9 - 95%
8 - 90%
7 - 80%
6 - 70%
5 - 60%
4- 50%

ALTHOUGH it's important to know how unrealistic these are. like to get 95% in the easiest task (writing imo), never mind speaking, is already difficult enough. We just have to wait now ://
Original post by inoubliable
we can't say for sure; we can't even estimate because no one knows how it's going to be or how other people are going to perform. however, in my school, in languages especially, we used the following:

9 - 95%
8 - 90%
7 - 80%
6 - 70%
5 - 60%
4- 50%

ALTHOUGH it's important to know how unrealistic these are. like to get 95% in the easiest task (writing imo), never mind speaking, is already difficult enough. We just have to wait now ://

Whatttt! Fingers crossed they are not that high! My target grade is a 9 and I’m lucky to get a 5 in this speaking, just got to pray I do alright in my others!
Original post by Millierenton123
Whatttt! Fingers crossed they are not that high! My target grade is a 9 and I’m lucky to get a 5 in this speaking, just got to pray I do alright in my others!

Oh, don't worry. They won't be anywhere near this high. The people in my class who are considered "highly able linguists" (me included) really struggle with the speaking, averaging 45/60 - 50/60, so it's really not going to be anything like that if it's a national issue.
Original post by inoubliable
Oh, don't worry. They won't be anywhere near this high. The people in my class who are considered "highly able linguists" (me included) really struggle with the speaking, averaging 45/60 - 50/60, so it's really not going to be anything like that if it's a national issue.

Ah okay that’s more reassuring then, let’s hope they’re low then
I'm doing foundation, so hopefully the higher grade boundaries won't be too high, so foundation one's aren't as high.

Quick Reply

Latest