CG996
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone ! i have been admitted to the master in Management Grande-Ecole at ESSEc, and to the master in Economics and Management of Government and International Organizations at Bocconi University. My goal is to work in the international development sector, for example in an international organisation as a policy advisor.I was wondering which one of these two masters is the best one ? Being french myself, I know that the Master Grande Ecole at ESSEC got an amazing reputation in France. It is super flexible and got a lot of opportunity to go for exchange abroad. However, I was wondering if Bocconi is more internationally renowned than ESSEC, and more adapted to my professional goal ? Or maybe Bocconi is not that good for the master I applied to ?I would like to have your opinion about it
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CG996)
Hi everyone ! i have been admitted to the master in Management Grande-Ecole at ESSEc, and to the master in Economics and Management of Government and International Organizations at Bocconi University. My goal is to work in the international development sector, for example in an international organisation as a policy advisor.I was wondering which one of these two masters is the best one ? Being french myself, I know that the Master Grande Ecole at ESSEC got an amazing reputation in France. It is super flexible and got a lot of opportunity to go for exchange abroad. However, I was wondering if Bocconi is more internationally renowned than ESSEC, and more adapted to my professional goal ? Or maybe Bocconi is not that good for the master I applied to ?I would like to have your opinion about it
This is a UK site so you may not get many responses. You may want to check where grads from these two places end up and what links they have with the sector.
Kris9292
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello,As someone who has experienced In and out, I can say without a shadow of doubt that ESSEC provides massive flexibility and opportunities in the field your interested in. Especially since you wish to pursue something very specific, the freedom to choose courses would be of highest priority. With electives such as geopolitics, European law, Economics
Pat623
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi CG996,

I am a current international student at ESSEC so I will tell you about my experiences so far. The reason why I chose ESSEC is because it seemed like they were very active and had a lot of resources for a curious person to learn and grow. They have corporate chairs that students can join which are partnerships with actual companies. I am currently part of the Leadership & Diversity Chair with L'Oreal and am working on an actual project for them. Then, there are constant informational, social and academic events going on campus. They also host events on business opportunities in emerging countries such as Brazil, the Middle East and South East Asia. Finally, there are so many student associations that you can choose which helps you meet people and learn new things. I am part of a club called MELT which helps integrate international students on campus. We organise international events, trips around France and different activities for international students. If you're interested in international development, they have a Social Entrepreneurship Chair and a social incubator called Antropia which are somewhat related to international development (both involve innovation, sustainability, development and strategy). Also there are student associations that do some kind of development work abroad. I have a friend in one club called Delta and they are going to South Africa this summer to help do infrastructure work as well as humanitarian aid.

Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!
crackheadenergy
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Pat623)
Hi CG996,

I am a current international student at ESSEC so I will tell you about my experiences so far. The reason why I chose ESSEC is because it seemed like they were very active and had a lot of resources for a curious person to learn and grow. They have corporate chairs that students can join which are partnerships with actual companies. I am currently part of the Leadership & Diversity Chair with L'Oreal and am working on an actual project for them. Then, there are constant informational, social and academic events going on campus. They also host events on business opportunities in emerging countries such as Brazil, the Middle East and South East Asia. Finally, there are so many student associations that you can choose which helps you meet people and learn new things. I am part of a club called MELT which helps integrate international students on campus. We organise international events, trips around France and different activities for international students. If you're interested in international development, they have a Social Entrepreneurship Chair and a social incubator called Antropia which are somewhat related to international development (both involve innovation, sustainability, development and strategy). Also there are student associations that do some kind of development work abroad. I have a friend in one club called Delta and they are going to South Africa this summer to help do infrastructure work as well as humanitarian aid.

Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!
Heyy are you currently at bba program or GE?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (47)
37.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
26.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.38%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (9)
7.14%

Watched Threads