University of East Anglia (UEA) or University of Essex Watch

payanitaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello I’m from Thailand. I have a plan to study my LL.M. in UK this year (September 2018). I just have received offers from these universities.
- University of East Anglia (UEA): International commercial and business law - University of Essex: International commercial and business law
If you were me which one do you choose? How about the ranking? I needs some advices and more information about these universities.
Please help, Thank you
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by payanitaa)
Hello I’m from Thailand. I have a plan to study my LL.M. in UK this year (September 2018). I just have received offers from these universities.
- University of East Anglia (UEA): International commercial and business law - University of Essex: International commercial and business law
If you were me which one do you choose? How about the ranking? I needs some advices and more information about these universities.
Please help, Thank you
Rankings don't mean much. Focus on the course content instead.
payanitaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
Rankings don't mean much. Focus on the course content instead.
Thank you :-)
University of East Anglia PG Student Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please help, Thank you
Hi there!

Congratulations on your offers! Whilst I can't speak for Essex, I can tell you a little bit about UEA from a postgraduate's perspective

Law students at UEA are fortunate enough to study in the fabulous Earlham Hall, which serves as UEA's law school - aside from your modules and lectures, the law school can provide you with many opportunities to put your skills into practice. The school currently hosts 45 internships in a number of areas, and is also home to the UEA Law Clinic - a partnership between UEA law students and community outreach services which provides pro bono legal advice to clients.

The UEA student's law society is also very active and hosts a number of competitions which allow its members to apply what they have learned in mock trials or client interviews - these activities are a great way to build your confidence and contextualise your course content. Check out the law society here!

Postgraduate students at UEA also benefit from their very own area on campus, which includes study spaces and a lounge/bar for when you want to take a break on campus away from the undergrads!

I'll leave you with a short video which sums up life as a UEA law student I hope this has helped!

Fred - UEA PG Rep

If you are interested in the rankings, check out the Complete University Guide's ranking for law courses in the UK here .
Josh_Cousins
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have been to both open days and I have to say both were excellent.

However, UEA has the evident edge as from my experience the lectures were more enthusiastic and also Earlham Hall (the home of the law school) is amazing to behold 🙂
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Please help, Thank you
I would choose UEA over Essex every time. The uni is better, the city is better, everything's better (well apart from the price maybe)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?