How strict are Nottingham on attendance?

Watch
en4828483
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Seen quite a few people on here saying that Nottingham is extremely strict on attendance and require 100% attendance with the exception of being off due to sickness.

Is this true?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
That is absolute fodder, maybe for international students they monitor more closely, but if your from the UK hardly at all... they are of course strict about exam attendance.

I go to Nottingham and am an elected course rep, we constantly discuss during the learning community forum of how to increase attendance lol, but those are more constructive inspirational ways... Nottingham is a huge uni, it would be impossible to pull every undergrad out of bed every morning and literally no one tries.
en4828483
Rep:
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
That is absolute fodder, maybe for international students they monitor more closely, but if your from the UK hardly at all... they are of course strict about exam attendance.

I go to Nottingham and am an elected course rep, we constantly discuss during the learning community forum of how to increase attendance lol, but those are more constructive inspirational ways... Nottingham is a huge uni, it would be impossible to pull every undergrad out of bed every morning and literally no one tries.
Is this true for every course? I know that my course (film and tv) is very small and therefore I would think that they'd be more strict?
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Just turn up, it’s not hard.
thedevotchka
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by en4828483)
Is this true for every course? I know that my course (film and tv) is very small and therefore I would think that they'd be more strict?
I did English with Creative writing at Nottingham and there were I think 14 of us. Tutors never gave anyone a hard time for low attendance, apart from once when literally every single person bunked the class and we all got an email about it. My attendance across the three years was probably about 45%, still got a 2:1 and a career out of it and never had anything from the uni about attendance.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The simple fact of you knowing your in a tiny class will motivate you to show up...but no ones is going to come look for you at nottingham, i feel like professors expect us to grow up and show up! one of the principles of uni.
en4828483
Rep:
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
The simple fact of you knowing your in a tiny class will motivate you to show up...but no ones is going to come look for you at nottingham, i feel like professors expect us to grow up and show up! one of the principles of uni.
of course, I'm not looking to miss loads of classes, I just find the whole monitoring of attendance quite secondary school-esque
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
of course, I'm not looking to miss loads of classes, I just find the whole monitoring of attendance quite secondary school-esque
other then catered halls being basically like boarding school (which is secondary schoolesque) theres nothing secondary about Nottingham... nor is it a military school with lights out and etc lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
8.61%
Okay (44)
29.14%
A bit lacking (54)
35.76%
Not good at all (40)
26.49%

Watched Threads