The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HenryZ
How many sigfig is considered correct?

I always use 3 significiant figures, both my teachers recommend that too
Original post by HenryZ
How many sigfig is considered correct?

1 less or two more significant figures than the values in the question have...In most questions, 3 will be appropriate.
Reply 22
Our teacher literally taught us nothing! Good uni prep teaching it to my self haha
Did not enjoy that paper.
Reply 24
I found the paper to be surprisingly good. I am worried they might increase the boundaries.
Original post by Ethan100
Did not enjoy that paper.

same
I also thought that paper was difficult. Hopefully boundaries will go down as they went down last year, and last years paper was much easier than the one today. I also have a copy of the paper I can post later if anyone would like it?
Decent paper imo, though I'll probably still get a B because of my awful assignment. Can anybody explain how they scale the marks in the paper with the assignment?
Could you post the paper, it would be a great help
Original post by Yandex
I found the paper to be surprisingly good. I am worried they might increase the boundaries.

With the mark I get... I think they will bring the grade boundaries down by at least 3%
Please post the paper :smile:
@tomctutor
Original post by tomctutor
Im signing off now so just to say good luck tomorrow,
Someone please upload quality images of paper if you can (after the exam concludes- ask the invigilator)

remember - relationship formulae- substitution- work out- answer correct number of sig. figs and SI units.

It would be nice if some of you would spend some time learning to use LatexLatex scripting here (TSR [url="https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/latex"]link
)!:cry:

Hey man, I remember you posted the paper solutions after the Higher Physics exam last year, good to see you back!

Any chance you could please post some solutions for todays AH exam if you have some time to spare 😆

(User above has posted the question paper)

Thanks in advance
Thought it was harder than 2017, 100% sure grade boundaries will be down or the same as 2017. Btw did anyone get 0.088m for the distance between the two positively charged spheres and 15600V for the potential at P?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by johnlin2000
Thought it was harder than 2017, 100% grade boundaries will be down or the same as 2017. Btw what did anyone get 0.088m for the distance between the two positively charged spheres?

Completely left that question out, couldn’t get it at all

Is that the full paper mate? I don't see the first open ended question on apparent brightness and stars ?
Original post by johnlin2000
Thought it was harder than 2017, 100% sure grade boundaries will be down or the same as 2017. Btw did anyone get 0.088m for the distance between the two positively charged spheres and 15600V for the potential at P?

Yep I got 0.088m but totally forgot about what I got for potential, I didn't really know how to do that question lol- I spent 15mins on the first bit cuz my calc was in radians...
Original post by Edgemaster
Decent paper imo, though I'll probably still get a B because of my awful assignment. Can anybody explain how they scale the marks in the paper with the assignment?

paper and assignment marks bought together. so its total out of 130
Original post by Edgemaster

Hey, I think the paper is scaled back to 100 and then the marks for the assignment are added on bringing it up to 130
Reply 39
Overall I thought it was a decent paper. It was certainly fair however like previous years, I expect the grade boundaries to go down.

Latest

Trending

Trending