Help Watch

Ruziye
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m currently in year 12 studying health and social care, which I don’t enjoy. I really want to join the met police and become a constable detective but can’t apply till I’m 18. I want to drop out of school because I feel like my life has come to a stop. But I also don’t want to do nothing for 2 years. I’ve reasearched on how to become a constable detective, I’ve got the gcse English qualifications. It talks about having a degree but I’m not sure what course I would need to take. I don’t know if it’s possible to drop out from school and to somehow go on a training course for the police at 16. I just need to put myself on a career path to become a con stable detective but don’t know where to start.
Outspokencries
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ruziye)
I’m currently in year 12 studying health and social care, which I don’t enjoy. I really want to join the met police and become a constable detective but can’t apply till I’m 18. I want to drop out of school because I feel like my life has come to a stop. But I also don’t want to do nothing for 2 years. I’ve reasearched on how to become a constable detective, I’ve got the gcse English qualifications. It talks about having a degree but I’m not sure what course I would need to take. I don’t know if it’s possible to drop out from school and to somehow go on a training course for the police at 16. I just need to put myself on a career path to become a con stable detective but don’t know where to start.
To study for a policing you would need to take the Public services course. It is quite intrusive mind you, but it is entertaining at the same time. Good luck! .
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Secondary school, sixth form and FE college
Bow Sherlock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm 19 and about to start uni this September and they said to me I couldn't apply. You need to be in your 3rs year of uni to apply for the course. Apparently they are going to start a police constable degree apprenticeship. Maybe you should have a look into that and do the constable detective pathway when you're finished. 😢 it's sad I know cos i wanted to join straight away too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.65%
No I am happy with my course choice (521)
59.27%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.45%

Watched Threads