Applicants with Tattoos Watch

MoglieJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I will be applying for a nursing degree via UCAS this September, however, I am looking for some advice regarding the NHS and universities' viewpoints on tattoos.

I have one tattoo that I would be unable to cover up if I were to do nursing as it is below the elbow, on my forearm. I understand that the NHS accept people with tattoos as long as they are not offensive. I do not personally believe my tattoo is offensive. It is a black pentacle with pink roses on each point, with green leaves threaded through. It is pretty and is not garish.

I am just looking to see if anyone has been accepted on to a nursing degree with visible tattoos? Also some advice as to whether people may find this offensive. It has not hampered me in jobs before and previous jobs have advised me that I did not need to cover it and that was in a law firm.
HorribleDude
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it's a tattoo with freaking roses...how mentally challanged do one has to be in order to find that offensive?...chill...it's fine.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MoglieJ)
I will be applying for a nursing degree via UCAS this September, however, I am looking for some advice regarding the NHS and universities' viewpoints on tattoos.

I have one tattoo that I would be unable to cover up if I were to do nursing as it is below the elbow, on my forearm. I understand that the NHS accept people with tattoos as long as they are not offensive. I do not personally believe my tattoo is offensive. It is a black pentacle with pink roses on each point, with green leaves threaded through. It is pretty and is not garish.

I am just looking to see if anyone has been accepted on to a nursing degree with visible tattoos? Also some advice as to whether people may find this offensive. It has not hampered me in jobs before and previous jobs have advised me that I did not need to cover it and that was in a law firm.
Lots of people are accepted onto nursing degrees with visible tattoos. You may be asked to cover up any tattoos that are visible when your uniform is worn, regardless of whether they are considered offensive, but that would be at the discretion of your mentor and ward sister/manager.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.62%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (37)
18.59%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.54%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.08%

Watched Threads