The Student Room Group
I hope that man is at peace now.

Unbelievably cruel thing to do.
Seriously sad story. I feel terrible for how that man must have suffered.

I hope that evil woman never see's the light of day again after being sentenced to prison. She is a danger to the public and deserves to suffer for her horrendous actions.
Lol, how is her defence “I didn’t know it was sulfuric acid in the glass I threw at his face, I thought it was water”. Because we all of course just have glasses of sulfuric acid lying around the kitchen..
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Lol, how is her defence “I didn’t know it was sulfuric acid in the glass I threw at his face, I thought it was water”. Because we all of course just have glasses of sulfuric acid lying around the kitchen..

Why would anyone want sulfuric acid at home for.
That poor, poor man. :frown:

There's something especially evil about acid attacks.
So sad. Laws and sentences need to be much much tougher in this country. There is a lot of filth in existence
he actually took his own life a while back but yes i remember this horrific story. poor guy, his poor family. hope that thing gets locked up for life!!
Its very strange that she was charged with murder...
Original post by Underscore__
Its very strange that she was charged with murder...

Acid attacks are just as evil as murder. When someone throws acid on another it doesnt just temporarily injure them, it causes long lasting pain and permanent disfigurement. People like this need more serious punishment as the current punishments are obviously not enough of a deterrent. Yet we wonder why the UK is one of the countries with the greatest number of acid attacks.
Original post by bezza822
Acid attacks are just as evil as murder. When someone throws acid on another it doesnt just temporarily injure them, it causes long lasting pain and permanent disfigurement. People like this need more serious punishment as the current punishments are obviously not enough of a deterrent. Yet we wonder why the UK is one of the countries with the greatest number of acid attacks.

That’s not really all that relevant to what I said; as a matter of law I don’t see how this can be defined as murder, the causation appears too remote.

I would disagree that an acid attack is as bad as murder. I’d personally rather be alive and disfigured than dead but I suppose that’s just personal preference.

The extent to which sentencing works as a deterrent is a contentious area of criminology, I wouldn’t be so sure that longer sentences would necessarily curb crime.

Quick Reply

Latest