A level english language- language change

Watch
priyatyagi1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
is there always a language change question on a level english. Its a bit ambiguous on the spec? And on the question paper too it says language diversity but im not sure whether it'll always have a language change question too?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
HarrisonKirby
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey!

I think it's a bit ambiguous on the spec but I do think it all depends on the day.

Like I think that it could be part of the larger topics such as Occupation and Social Groups.

Sorry that this isn't that much help!

Have a good day!
Drama175
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
HI, there will always be at least one language change question as the format is this...

Choice of essay- one will be on diversity (gender, accent and dialect etc)
- the other will be on change (attitudes towards change, global Englishes etc)

Then you have the comparison of the two articles and your own article which could be either on diversity or change, this will structure you entire section B as it will be on the question 3 and 4.

Although technically, if section B of paper two was on diversity you could also choose to do diversity for the essay and so not have to answer a question on language change at all but this is not guaranteed so still revise the topic just in case.

Hope this helps!
priyatyagi1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Brill thanks!

(Original post by Drama175)
HI, there will always be at least one language change question as the format is this...

Choice of essay- one will be on diversity (gender, accent and dialect etc)
- the other will be on change (attitudes towards change, global Englishes etc)

Then you have the comparison of the two articles and your own article which could be either on diversity or change, this will structure you entire section B as it will be on the question 3 and 4.

Although technically, if section B of paper two was on diversity you could also choose to do diversity for the essay and so not have to answer a question on language change at all but this is not guaranteed so still revise the topic just in case.

Hope this helps!
Bethal.Price
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The 2 comparison texts in the first paper would be from different time periods. Language change is an obviously great topic to throw in, especially if there is a huge gap in the time periods
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (211)
75.09%
No (70)
24.91%

Watched Threads