The Student Room Group

Two different maintenance loans?

Hi, I applied for student finance for 2nd year a few weeks ago and received an entitlement letter stating a lower maintenance loan than I'd expected, especially since my situation hasn't changed from 1st year. I assumed it was due to a scholarship since I received that at about the same time I applied for the loan so I signed and sent the declaration form. I just received a different letter of entitlement stating a higher maintenance loan, roughly what I received this year, and no reference to the one I'd already signed. I logged into my student finance account and it says that everything's sorted and I'll receive the higher maintenance loan. Do I need to leave it as it is, sign and send the second declaration form, or bite the bullet and phone them? I get very anxious on the phone and forget how to put sentences together so I thought I'd post here first.
Original post by GloriousPorpoise
Hi, I applied for student finance for 2nd year a few weeks ago and received an entitlement letter stating a lower maintenance loan than I'd expected, especially since my situation hasn't changed from 1st year. I assumed it was due to a scholarship since I received that at about the same time I applied for the loan so I signed and sent the declaration form. I just received a different letter of entitlement stating a higher maintenance loan, roughly what I received this year, and no reference to the one I'd already signed. I logged into my student finance account and it says that everything's sorted and I'll receive the higher maintenance loan. Do I need to leave it as it is, sign and send the second declaration form, or bite the bullet and phone them? I get very anxious on the phone and forget how to put sentences together so I thought I'd post here first.

Hi GloriousPorpoise,

Since you received the first letter has your parents given their household income details? Normally the first letter would be the basic amount of finance we can offer you which doesn't include the household income and the second one would be including it, if your parents did provided this.
Thanks Claire
Hi, I just checked and both of my parents had given their household incomes two days before the first letter was sent.

Quick Reply

Latest