The Student Room Group

Mum and family have started being horrible please help feeling really crap

I have always been really close with my mum shared everything with me and almost like friends we were I am 19. Recently I had a despreasive episode whereby we suspected I may be suffering from depression. My mum was very supportive of getting me through it. A week or two later I've noticed my mum is changing around me she does not tel me stuff the way she used to she gets angry at everything I do literally everything. I tried speaking to her about how I'm feeling but instead it's starting to make me feel 10 times worse if I tell her like oh I'm really lacking motivation like I sat one day with my laptop and was not able to do any work and she said well you distract yourself I've told you things to do you don't listen. I've not mentioned it to my mum but I feel like I'm getting worse I'm constantly upset and have this sadness with me I cry constantly not around my mum. It's hurting me more that we were so close. If I say something she will get defensive and angry at why i may be questioning her
It's like my mum is almost waiting for me to do a little mistake and then she will tell my siblings to ignore me or what I'm doing
They are beginning to make me feel like I'm mental or something
And my siblings are brats just literally really mean and say quite hurtful things
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have always been really close with my mum shared everything with me and almost like friends we were I am 19. Recently I had a despreasive episode whereby we suspected I may be suffering from depression. My mum was very supportive of getting me through it. A week or two later I've noticed my mum is changing around me she does not tel me stuff the way she used to she gets angry at everything I do literally everything. I tried speaking to her about how I'm feeling but instead it's starting to make me feel 10 times worse if I tell her like oh I'm really lacking motivation like I sat one day with my laptop and was not able to do any work and she said well you distract yourself I've told you things to do you don't listen. I've not mentioned it to my mum but I feel like I'm getting worse I'm constantly upset and have this sadness with me I cry constantly not around my mum. It's hurting me more that we were so close. If I say something she will get defensive and angry at why i may be questioning her
It's like my mum is almost waiting for me to do a little mistake and then she will tell my siblings to ignore me or what I'm doing
They are beginning to make me feel like I'm mental or something
And my siblings are brats just literally really mean and say quite hurtful things

Even small things are so difficult one month and over I've not been able to get myself togetherness to work I try to explain instead everyone thinks I'm lazy etc
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Even small things are so difficult one month and over I've not been able to get myself togetherness to work I try to explain instead everyone thinks I'm lazy etc

Also I've been at my lowest there's nothing that's brought the sadness on nor can I really explain it 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending