The Student Room Group

Everyone laughed at me for spending a fortune on an aircon unit...

But who's laughing now *****essss.

Currently chilling here in my 18 celsius igloo. Umad?
Reply 1
No, my workspace is permanently cold so I'm sound.
No I'm not mad
What's the point in an ac unit if it's only warm 4 days a year? :wink:

My house has central air conditioning. :cool:
(edited 5 years ago)
Y u makin me jelly fo!?!?
hey gang let's go round to Rocky's !!!! he really is cool now :five:
And they still are because we are all out enjoying the sun whilst your inside in your what was moms basement now air con unit.......
Yeah, just kidding my ass is sat inside revising and doing coursework. School was the only time today I enjoyed the sun; but I wouldn't be surprised if people on here haven't gone out at all today. It's TSR after all.
Maybe buying an air-con unit is a good shout after all.
Reply 7
No, just breezy and shaded.
Aren't you at university? How could you have purchased an AC?

How much did you spend on it?

And do you think girls will finally agree to sleep with you because of this?
Reply 9
I get mine off the kerb on trash day. I find that many people were in the HVAC business as a profession. They retired, and kept a small shop going for a while, but have become old and sick, or died, and their relatives are disposing of their estate. Consequently, HVAC tools and supplies are available on EBay, Craig's list, and other sites at bargain prices. I got a freon recycling rig that sells new for $1700, for $185, and it was in like new condition. Most things i find on the kerb need very little fixing. If they're too bad, i dispose of them and pick up another. Best of luck!!
100% with you. It is the best investment I ever made.
Original post by Notoriety
Aren't you at university? How could you have purchased an AC?

How much did you spend on it?

And do you think girls will finally agree to sleep with you because of this?

About £600, it was the best mobile unit I could find. Literally worth every penny.

Aircon is a strong aphrodisiac. When just standing there while pointing at my face doesn't work for whatever strange reason, discussing my aircon is a good backup plan.
We get about a week of sun a year in the UK , i seems like a waste of money .... when I lived in turkey though it hit 50 degrees and I would have died without it lol
Original post by RockyDennis

Aircon is a strong aphrodisiac. When just standing there while pointing at my face doesn't work for whatever strange reason, discussing my aircon is a good backup plan.

You're a real ladies' man.
Invested in one of those bad boys last year too. No regrets.
AC units are only £200 to £300 for an average one. If you want some super cheap shet then £60, but it'll probably just blow hot air instead.

For some people it's worth the investment, if they work from home during the summer and have to put up with 30 degrees in doors for 2 months. It's exhausting. I wouldn't be able to work like that.
Is kind of like snow tyres though, bit pointless as they don't get used often enough to pay back their worth
Original post by RockyDennis
But who's laughing now *****essss.

Currently chilling here in my 18 celsius igloo. Umad?

you mad i have a fan with a spray bottle attached? brb £2. brb cooler than you

Quick Reply

Latest