The Student Room Group

A straight guy who has more girl friends but no guy friends

Ok so I am a guy and have way more girl friends than guys since secondary school, which I find nothing wrong with. But since I have been around girls so much now and barely around boys, I feel like it is hard for me to try and be friends with specific guys as we’re not interested in the same thing. I don’t know if this is just me but I don’t know if it is just me who has had this happen to me. I do want a guy friend though who I can relate to on a level. Is anyone else like this? 😬😂
i acc knew a ((I'm assuming) straight guy who literally hung out with girls all the time. I acc found it really weird when he was with the guys sometimes lol... idk
Like amongs my friends we were all girls and he was the only guy in our group
I'm the exact same here, in Y13 atm 🙌 straight guy but usually hang out with girls rather than guys. Idk why but I feel as though approaching a girl is more comfortable because I can think of anything to talk about whereas guys (at least in my school) are sometimes hard to relate too due to their interests in sports and gaming and having 'lad banter'. Like I do have a guy best mate, but thats about it, all the other guys at my school are a "Hi Bye" sorta thing.
Original post by Dingdong2131
I'm the exact same here, in Y13 atm 🙌 straight guy but usually hang out with girls rather than guys. Idk why but I feel as though approaching a girl is more comfortable because I can think of anything to talk about whereas guys (at least in my school) are sometimes hard to relate too due to their interests in sports and gaming and having 'lad banter'. Like I do have a guy best mate, but thats about it, all the other guys at my school are a "Hi Bye" sorta thing.

I agree. There is not much of an emotional bond with many guys for some reason
Reply 4
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
Ok so I am a guy and have way more girl friends than guys since secondary school, which I find nothing wrong with. But since I have been around girls so much now and barely around boys, I feel like it is hard for me to try and be friends with specific guys as we’re not interested in the same thing. I don’t know if this is just me but I don’t know if it is just me who has had this happen to me. I do want a guy friend though who I can relate to on a level. Is anyone else like this? 😬😂

Same here tbh. Had a few girl best friends. Most of the dudes I know I just can't relate to.
This is really common
Reply 6
Yeah, it's perfectly normal.

At school, we are a group of 10 friends and 9 of us are girls and there is one boy who hangs out with us. He's straight.
It seems to be so common

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending