bedwardssz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
I’m currently in the first year of my university course however I have decided the course isn’t for me and I would like to apply for a different course that will start 2018/19.
I am currently considered a ‘migrant worker’ for the maintenance loan as I had only been in the uk 4 years and 5 months before starting the course.
However, since the new course will start in the year 2018/19 it means I would have been in the UK 5 years prior to the start of the course. does that mean I can apply as a home student for maintenance loan funding on this course or will I still have to keep my migrant worker status?

Thank you
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bedwardssz)
Hi,
I’m currently in the first year of my university course however I have decided the course isn’t for me and I would like to apply for a different course that will start 2018/19.
I am currently considered a ‘migrant worker’ for the maintenance loan as I had only been in the uk 4 years and 5 months before starting the course.
However, since the new course will start in the year 2018/19 it means I would have been in the UK 5 years prior to the start of the course. does that mean I can apply as a home student for maintenance loan funding on this course or will I still have to keep my migrant worker status?

Thank you
Hi Bedwrdssz,

If your an EU national and have 5 years residency prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course, then you can apply as a home student. Complete the PN1 for new students 2018/19 and we will send you out a residency form to complete and return with evidence of your 5 years.
Thanks Claire
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.84%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
16.32%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (31)
16.32%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
14.74%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (52)
27.37%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.42%

Watched Threads