Pride and Prejudice - how to revise?? Watch

mollyemma02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So this might be a bit last minute but I have 3 weeks until study leave and I still have no idea how to learn everything for English Lit GCSE (AQA).
Does anyone have any advice for how to revise it? Also I’m not sure how to approach the essay question eg. how does Austen present marriage/wealth/women etc. - what kind of thing are they asking me to comment on?
Thank you in advance x
HowToBeABlobfish
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mollyemma02)
So this might be a bit last minute but I have 3 weeks until study leave and I still have no idea how to learn everything for English Lit GCSE (AQA).
Does anyone have any advice for how to revise it? Also I’m not sure how to approach the essay question eg. how does Austen present marriage/wealth/women etc. - what kind of thing are they asking me to comment on?
Thank you in advance x
I suggest memorizing quotations. We need to have quotations in our essays so learn a few for each theme and each important event. Some of the main themes are: marriage, men, women, wealth, society. I would suggest memorizing about 5 for each.

With regards to the essay question, choose one of them. How does Austen present marriage? How does Austen present wealth? How does Austen present women? For each of them, there will also be an extract. Introduction, 2 extract paragraphs, 2 wider paragraphs, conclusion. Use TESCITTLES. Topic, Evidence, Summary (of quote), Context, Intention of author, Techniques, Themes, Language, Effect on reader, Structure. This is your Point, Evidence, Analysis broken up. T is point, E and S are evidence, and CITTLES are analysis. I've underlined language because that is AO2, which is the most important. You should have a lot of language analysis and close word analysis. For example, if an author uses "murder" instead of "kill", comment on how "murder" is more brutal and how it creates imagery, blah blah blah.

Hope I've helped
fentydrug
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mollyemma02)
Thank you in advance x
Omg am I don’t do English literature gcse but I’m reading the book pride and prejudice for fun am I weird 😂
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mollyemma02
Rep:
?
Omg you know so much! Thank you that is sooo useful!!
mollyemma02
Rep:
?
(Original post by fentydrug)
Omg am I don’t do English literature gcse but I’m reading the book pride and prejudice for fun am I weird 😂
haha my friend is supposed to study’s jekyll and Hyde but her favourite book is pride and prejudice! So I don’t think think so haha
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by HowToBeABlobfish)
I suggest memorizing quotations. We need to have quotations in our essays so learn a few for each theme and each important event. Some of the main themes are: marriage, men, women, wealth, society. I would suggest memorizing about 5 for each.

With regards to the essay question, choose one of them. How does Austen present marriage? How does Austen present wealth? How does Austen present women? For each of them, there will also be an extract. Introduction, 2 extract paragraphs, 2 wider paragraphs, conclusion.Use TESCITTLES. Topic, Evidence, Summary (of quote), Context, Intention of author, Techniques, Themes, Language, Effect on reader, Structure. This is your Point, Evidence, Analysis broken up. T is point, E and S are evidence, and CITTLES are analysis. I've underlined language because that is AO2, which is the most important. You should have a lot of language analysis and close word analysis. For example, if an author uses "murder" instead of "kill", comment on how "murder" is more brutal and how it creates imagery, blah blah blah.

Hope I've helped
I would really appreciate your help with regards to writing essays on Pride and Prejudice, could you help me please ? I am in year eleven and trying very hard to improve .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.28%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.44%
No, but I want to start (276)
37.45%
No, I am unable to (177)
24.02%
No, I chose not to (205)
27.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise