JhonTron
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi
I’ve got an unconditional offer from City for Economics however I have to put them as a firm choice if I want the unconditional. The problem is I also have a conditional offer from UCL (AAB) for Social Sciences.
(I got AAB at AS level)
I’m not feeling extremely confident and I would like to feel secure knowing if I flop I can take the city unconditional but either way I’ll try my best to get the highest grades I can.

My question is: if I accept city as unconditional but end up getting AAA or a better grade, am I able to switch universities to a better one through adjustment? What’s the process? I’ll be abroad during the results period and could possibly get a friend to call on my behalf.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JhonTron)
Hi
I’ve got an unconditional offer from City for Economics however I have to put them as a firm choice if I want the unconditional. The problem is I also have a conditional offer from UCL (AAB) for Social Sciences.
(I got AAB at AS level)
I’m not feeling extremely confident and I would like to feel secure knowing if I flop I can take the city unconditional but either way I’ll try my best to get the highest grades I can.

My question is: if I accept city as unconditional but end up getting AAA or a better grade, am I able to switch universities to a better one through adjustment? What’s the process? I’ll be abroad during the results period and could possibly get a friend to call on my behalf.
If you firm an unconditional offer then you can't use adjustment - because you have no conditional offer to exceed.

In theory you could reject City on results day and try UCL through clearing, but UCL don't participate in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi
(I got AAB at AS level)

ucl may be a much better uni, but economics is a much better course than "social sciences"
JhonTron
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies, is there no way I could “reject” City once I get my grades and go through clearing instead?

If not, could I withdraw my application and apply with the same application for 2019 entry?

(I’d be 20 in December, would that reduce my chances of getting an offer from UCL again?)
JhonTron
Rep:
?
Bump
Tiffany42
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for the replies, is there no way I could “reject” City once I get my grades and go through clearing instead?

If not, could I withdraw my application and apply with the same application for 2019 entry?

(I’d be 20 in December, would that reduce my chances of getting an offer from UCL again?)
Yes you can
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

This was answered in post 2 of the thread.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

To clarify...

Yes, you can reject City and go through clearing - but not for universities such as UCL which don't participate in it.

Yes, you can withdraw and reapply next year.

No, your age wouldn't be a factor if you reapply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (68)
27.53%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.93%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (26)
10.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (75)
30.36%

Watched Threads