Turn on thread page Beta

How do you go from a 4 to a 7+ in English? watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any advice as to how to improve your English grades? I am doing Edexcel English by the way.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Mr Bruff and Mr Salles on youtube are amazing!!

Check if mr bruff does an analysis of the books you study, and watch and make notes from his videos.It's worth checking out his poetry stuff too. Another tip is to analyse structure/context/form first in a literature exam, or analyse it more than language - because a lot of people talk about language and it will distinguish your ideas from others. Good luck

Mr Salles is amazing for english language, just search the language paper and question you need to revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indie.sxnds)
    Mr Bruff and Mr Salles on youtube are amazing!!

Check if mr bruff does an analysis of the books you study, and watch and make notes from his videos.It's worth checking out his poetry stuff too. Another tip is to analyse structure/context/form first in a literature exam, or analyse it more than language - because a lot of people talk about language and it will distinguish your ideas from others. Good luck

Mr Salles is amazing for english language, just search the language paper and question you need to revise
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bookwom9016)
    Does anyone have any advice as to how to improve your English grades? I am doing Edexcel English by the way.

Thanks
    Mate I know everyone will say this but Mr. Bruff is an absolute G. My brother got straight 5’s in his mocks but absolutely bashed our & made thorough notes whilst watching his videos and ended up with a 9 in Lit and an 8 in Lang. Proof that good grades are more the achievable with hard work. I’d also recommend sharing notes with your classmates as they might have got something you’ve missed and collaborative learning is so effective as it requires you to speak out your ideas and explain them thoroughly which works really well to condense your course content.

You’ll be rite!! Trust me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l_ecn)
    Mate I know everyone will say this but Mr. Bruff is an absolute G. My brother got straight 5’s in his mocks but absolutely bashed our & made thorough notes whilst watching his videos and ended up with a 9 in Lit and an 8 in Lang. Proof that good grades are more the achievable with hard work. I’d also recommend sharing notes with your classmates as they might have got something you’ve missed and collaborative learning is so effective as it requires you to speak out your ideas and explain them thoroughly which works really well to condense your course content.

You’ll be rite!! Trust me
    Thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 19, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.