Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I am a first year and I have collections tomorrow and I have absolutely no clue how I am going to pass them. basically, I have three collections and there's one I haven't revised that much for and now I am panicking....
    What happens if I fail a collection?
    Should I revise now or go to sleep?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by student234567)
    Hey everyone,
    I am a first year and I have collections tomorrow and I have absolutely no clue how I am going to pass them. basically, I have three collections and there's one I haven't revised that much for and now I am panicking....
    Go to sleep. A refreshed brain will do much better at recalling what it does have in it, than a tired brain that has a few more facts in it, but can't access them.

When you get into the exams, keep calm, and remember you will be scoring points by working through methodically, and even if your answers aren't complete. The points don't come from completeness, and you can build up a lot by just demonstrating structure and process in your answers.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student234567)
    Hey everyone,
    I agree with what's already been said, get some rest.
    In answer to your question, what happens if you fail a collection?
    Nothing! your tutor might wish to discuss it with you, but that will be because they want you to do better come prelims/mods, but there are certainly no consequences (as there would be for failing prelims for example)

So, do your best, try what you can good luck

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, my friend failed their collections last term and it was fine - just alerted their tutors that they needed help. Don't worry, they're not going to kick you out if it goes badly, just try and give you some extra support .

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.