The Student Room Group

"Cleavage" banned at sixth

Can sixth forms ban cleavage (my head's words not mine)? There's no uniform but apparently we need to 'dress for a place of learning' (what would someone's body parts get in the way of learning anything?? Oh no I was totally gonna write down notes but my own breasts are distracting me!). Keep in mind we're having a bit of a heat stroke here and I nearly passed out from heat exhaustion for wearing a long sleeved dress shirt. No cleavage whatsoever allowed apparently. Not even a tiny bit.

I mean ppl with smaller breasts are gonna be completely fine wearing the same clothes that a bigger breasted person would be rinsed for. So what, they all have to go to greater (and tbh worse, since its way too hot) lengths to be 'modest' to learn? Would they unleash Armageddon itself for having their own body parts and not wanting a heat stroke via a turtle neck?

Like seriously, who the **** cares? You can have cleavage at uni, at university, at the workplace, anywhere u ****ing want without this bs. What precedent is there? So a 'place of learning' is one where we gotta hide our bodies bc the learning experience of horny teenage boys shouldn't be worsened(????) I feel like boys (and men) in sixth can conduct themselves perfectly well to look at their work rather than stare some girl down for the whole lesson. If they're that much of a creep I'm sure the lack of visible cleavage wouldn't be stopping them.

The school that doesn't disqualify people for tearing the campaign posters of others down, calls their own students insane for being depressed, doesn't suspend people for repeated and virulent racism, gets their own students into abusive situations and THEN threatens to kick them out for asking for that to not happen, but draws the line at a person having breasts, folks. I seriously cannot make this bs up. (ive talked about all of that before on other questions actually)

Scroll to see replies

It's not that deep just wear a t shirt lmao
(edited 5 years ago)
Why do you have to wear something long-sleeved to cover up your cleavage?

Original post by uniisscary
I nearly passed out from heat exhaustion for wearing a long sleeved dress shirt.
Original post by Bill Nye
Although today I wore a shirt, tie, jumper and blazer to school and didn't take of my blazer at all - it wasn't that hot. (It was like 13 degrees or something here, idk about you)

26 degrees this afternoon in the South East :tongue:
Original post by DrawTheLine
Why do you have to wear something long-sleeved to cover up your cleavage?

Nah just making a point that something as thin as a dress shirt messed me up today, so making all these new weird rules for breast coverage when its this hot is, decidedly, weird
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

Oh damn lmao.

I swear we see the tiniest bit of sun, and all of a sudden everyone is wearing shorts and sunglasses xD
Nah just making a point that something as thin as a dress shirt messed me up today, so making all these new weird rules for breast coverage when its this hot is, decidedly, weird

I don't think being able to expose your cleavage will suddenly make you a much cooler temperature. Just drink plenty of water and wear light clothes e.g. white or pale colours, thin materials too.
Original post by Bill Nye
It's not that deep just wear a t shirt lmao

Although today I wore a shirt, tie, jumper and blazer to school and didn't take of my blazer at all - it wasn't that hot. (It was like 13 degrees or something here, idk about you)

We had the worst temps in the country lmao. also like, the point is its a weird and unreasonable to ask that + idk how much u kno about breast physics but as i said, a lot of tshirts that some people can get away with arent gonna work with bigger breasted ppl and thats also unfair. Like now I have to exclusively wear high collared tshirts? I have better things to be doing with my time, like ~learning~ in that super ~learning~ environment
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

Lmao exactly we're dying
Lmao exactly we're dying

I know, can't stand it! It was weird, I woke up and the sun was beaming and I just felt all happy, like "OMG I feel all summery all of a sudden" and in a proper nice mood. Totally forgot somehow that I'm intolerant to the heat :rofl:
Original post by DrawTheLine
I don't think being able to expose your cleavage will suddenly make you a much cooler temperature. Just drink plenty of water and wear light clothes e.g. white or pale colours, thin materials too.

dude honestly, anything helps. especially in this hellfire. but my main point would be the question of how and why having bigger breasts and just dressing the way you want, which can have cleavage but it can be hard to avoid anyway, and learning is mutually exclusive
It’s been above 20c for 2 days... blimey. Just follow the school dress code.
Reply 12
Part of school is learning to follow rules.
To answer your question, yes they can.
Original post by Andrew97
It’s been above 20c for 2 days... blimey. Just follow the school dress code.

it isn't in the actual dress code (it's one line long and it's just, dont wear anything offensive and also dress for a place of learning) and also, sexism.
After we leave the EU, schools will revert to Victorian dress codes and you will have to wear a woollen shirt and petticoats.

The only way you will avoid this is by going to live in Europe, which is a Panacea, and all schools are essentially a 5-day-a-week Coachella, and you will receive free EU money and live in EU mansions.
it isn't in the actual dress code (it's one line long and it's just, dont wear anything offensive and also dress for a place of learning) and also, sexism.

Understood. Sexism? How? In my experience Male school dress codes are much stricter than for females.
Original post by Reue
Part of school is learning to follow rules.

We're gonna have to question authority on weird and sexist stuff. The point of rules would be enforcing common sense, and frankly, none in the vicinity rn
Honestly I agree that if there's no clothing rules for boys but there's a rule in place for girls that's pretty sexist.
Original post by Andrew97
Understood. Sexism? How? In my experience Male school dress codes are much stricter than for females.

Cleavage. A sexualised part of the (teenage in this case) female anatomy deemed inappropriate for 'learning' for no discernible reason other than it's somehow not acceptable to have while also wanting an education. I'd google 'sexist dress code' sometime and see how many is targeted towards males.

Quick Reply