MasterMind007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I wanted to know if anyone else is doing this board, how they're finding revision and how they're revising. After all there aren't any revision resources for this unknown board ffs :/
Johnnnnsthebest
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am doing this exam board loool, revision hasn't been that bad so far.. atm I'm rounding up my notes on Immunology. The way I revise is by making concise notes then attempting some questions on each topic
Johnnnnsthebest
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
😕 i know there are barely resources for this board
MasterMind007
Rep:
?
My school hasn't even finished component 3 XD & they rushed through nevous system & the whole of component 2. So far I've gotta say Planetary Boundaries and Application of Genes (Chapter 11) are the most difficult ones. I've been older posts and they've said the WJEC past paper questions are nothing like the Eduqas exam questions / past papers... so other than using the specimen pape rand last years papers - there really isn't any way we can 'revise' i guess. The thing is - WJEC and Eduqas content is basically the same. But the questions are wayyyy different and irrelevent to what we've 'tried' learnt in the book XD - seriously I've been trying to revise Bio but I can't :/ - What are the others in your year doing about Eduqas Biology Revision?
Johnnnnsthebest
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah my school kinda rushed us at times, but yeah for me component 2 is the hardest out of the 3. Component 1 and 3 are better imo, nervous system is also 👍👍👍 but yeah chapter 11 is long😂😂😂 the others are also using the revision guide, which like myself i find really useful
Johnnnnsthebest
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yeah I've realised that although Eduqas is a part of WJEC they ask different things and vary their questions :/
Johnnnnsthebest
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i would say attempt questions from wjec which are relevant to our spec
MasterMind007
Rep:
?
Thing is that the year above us and posts I've seen - people say that none of the spec questions WJEC ask come up for Eduqas - most of Eduqas' questions are irrelevant life situations which aren't obvious & eduqas try link it with a chpter but the questions they specifically ask about it isn't knowledge-based - you've gotta apparently "think outside the box" XD
Johnnnnsthebest
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah Eduqas do ask slightly weird context based questions, where you have to apply your knowledge. Isn't this a new spec though? I'm certain lool, perhaps they may be a bit more lenient this year who knows. I'm more concerned with my other subjects especially chem boii
MasterMind007
Rep:
?
Nahhhhh m8 I'm way more worried about Biology cah this is some f-cked up board - also the new spec questions are wayyy more harder trusss.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.06%
I'm not sure (59)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.81%
I'm not a current university student (648)
49.24%

Watched Threads