The Student Room Group

Ghosts

It’s weird. I don’t believe they exist (it just doesn’t seem logical to me at all) but I still feel kinda afraid of them. A bit embarrassed to admit this as I’m 20.

Like reading ghost stories (even if it’s made up) really gives me the chills and if I go downstairs at night to get water and the story pops into my mind, my heart will start beating really fast and I’ll literally race up the stairs. I saw a light at the end of my garden tonight (there is nothing there except for my greenhouse which doesn’t have a light) and I got freaked out in case it was a ghost. Turned out it was my cat’s glowing eyes.

The fact I feel afraid shows that, on some level, I must believe in them. Ngl, I do miss living with my boyfriend as whenever this type of sh*t popped into my mind at night, I could discuss it with him. Anyone else a bit afraid?
The exposure method is probably the best way. Do you believe they exist?
Used to watch 'A Haunting' on Investigation Discovery. It's like a docu serie on hauntings of houses that really happened (or so they say). When i watched those episodes it sometimes freaked me out at night. Especially because it is made so believable. I definitely do not rule out that some paranormal activity is real.

If you don't wanna be scared, i guess don't read ghost stories and after some time you'll forget about it. But i like the mystery.
You’re most likely right :smile:
Lol I used to always look down the stairs whenever I went to the toilet during the night thinking something is waiting there. But I believe there is something we can't see, not ghosts tho. They're much like us humans but can see us. Magicians bribe them to harm us sometimes, I know that reals but I think thats what we mean by 'ghosts'
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
It’s weird. I don’t believe they exist (it just doesn’t seem logical to me at all) but I still feel kinda afraid of them. A bit embarrassed to admit this as I’m 20.

Like reading ghost stories (even if it’s made up) really gives me the chills and if I go downstairs at night to get water and the story pops into my mind, my heart will start beating really fast and I’ll literally race up the stairs. I saw a light at the end of my garden tonight (there is nothing there except for my greenhouse which doesn’t have a light) and I got freaked out in case it was a ghost. Turned out it was my cat’s glowing eyes.

The fact I feel afraid shows that, on some level, I must believe in them. Ngl, I do miss living with my boyfriend as whenever this type of sh*t popped into my mind at night, I could discuss it with him. Anyone else a bit afraid?

Whenever you get these thoughts, its because you are alone by yourself too much. Hang with some friends

Quick Reply

Latest