The Student Room Group

What University for medicine should I go?

Evening,
I’m a year 12 student in search of good medical schools across England (no kings,imperial and Queen Mary University) and that as a course,they integrate an MBBc and a Bsc.

Could someone advice me few??
All Medical Schools will potentially have the option of an intercalated BSc. Off the top of my head, I believe Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, and Imperial force you to intercalate, and Nottingham have a sort of integrated BSc within their normal 5 year Course. But anywhere should allow it, and all Medical Schools meet similar standards. Is there any particular reason you’ve written off 3 of the London medical schools?
Original post by Chwirkytheappleboy
All Medical Schools will potentially have the option of an intercalated BSc. Off the top of my head, I believe Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, and Imperial force you to intercalate, and Nottingham have a sort of integrated BSc within their normal 5 year Course. But anywhere should allow it, and all Medical Schools meet similar standards. Is there any particular reason you’ve written off 3 of the London medical schools?

Because I’m already sure I’ll apply for Kings,Imperial and Ucl.
I would like to apply to other 2 university there are outside London but still inside England ( I wanted to apply for Glasgow but I heard that if u don’t have residence there u can’t get student finance and other finance stuff which put me off completely as all my family members leave in London) ...

Was thinking of Leeds too but not anymore..
Wait, have the rules changed? Are you allowed to apply to 5 now? You were limited to 4 when I applied.

Anyway, for your out-of-London choice, I’d go for Oxford or Cambridge. The collegiate system is just brilliant. You won’t find a better overall University experience
Wait, have the rules changed? Are you allowed to apply to 5 now? You were limited to 4 when I applied.

Anyway, for your out-of-London choice, I’d go for Oxford or Cambridge. The collegiate system is just brilliant. You won’t find a better overall University experience

No.. I don’t want to apply for Cambridge or Oxford. Any others?
Well outside of the Golden Triangle, I guess you can just choose wherever seems like a nice place to live
Reply 6

You are still limited to only 4 med schools with a 5th non med choice.
Reply 7
Original post by Dolcechidykp500
Because I’m already sure I’ll apply for Kings,Imperial and Ucl.
I would like to apply to other 2 university there are outside London but still inside England ( I wanted to apply for Glasgow but I heard that if u don’t have residence there u can’t get student finance and other finance stuff which put me off completely as all my family members leave in London) ...

Was thinking of Leeds too but not anymore..

By the student finance stuff for Glasgow do you mean tuition fee loan and maintenance loans.
If so I believe you still can apply for them as a rest of the U.K. Student whereas if you are a Scottish student then tuition fees are free.
https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/students/money/fees/restofuk/#/applyingforstudentfinance

Quick Reply

Latest