The Student Room Group

First time in my life I met someone who truly cares......

Okay we are just best friends (nothing more). I am just surprised to see a guy that truly cares and loves me as a best friend. Today I broke my USB and out of anger I threw it across the table and it fell in a hole. I got upset over that and he tried 5-10 minutes to get it out. I told him to leave it, it doesn't work but he said but it still has your work saved on it. He eventually got it out... he put his arm down and reached.

Later I banged my head on the screen and fell over a chair. he grabbed my arm and asked whether I was okay... he even searched how to fix USB. I rested my head on his shoulders and grabbed his arm and he didn't tell me to leave... until 11:34pm as we had to go home.

He is such a great best friend. I had many guys come and go that said they care. But this dude seems like he truly cares a lot.

I care too, lol today he went to the toilet and didn't come back. It had been 20 mins I went to the gents toilets and knocked outside, nobody answered. So i went to a guy and told him the situation and whether he could check on him? I heard his voice behind "you looking for me?" I literally hit him like wth next time tell me! He said okay I will let u know next time :smile:

Feel blessed to have an amazing guy friend

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Attachment not found
Reply 2
Mmhhh this sounds amazing! One thing I’ve learnt is beautiful friendships are ruined by feelings of wanting to be closer.. ironic though isn’t it? How the thing that stops you being closer is the feeling/desire of wanting it more.. without it, you would naturally grow closer but with it, it does the opposite. (Sorry for the cynicism)

But he sounds like a great guy, people like that make you want to get out of bed and be happy no matter what
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Zxyn
Mmhhh this sounds amazing! One thing I’ve learnt is beautiful friendships are ruined by feelings of wanting to be closer.. ironic though isn’t it? How the thing that stops you being closer is the feeling/desire of wanting it more.. without it, you would naturally grow closer but with it, it does the opposite. (Sorry for the cynicism)

But he sounds like a great guy, people like that make you want to get out of bed and be happy no matter what

I know exactly! Makes me so happy :smile:
That's sweet, not every one gets the luxury of finding a friend like that, keep him close and never let him feel that he isnt enough x
Reply 5
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
That's sweet, not every one gets the luxury of finding a friend like that, keep him close and never let him feel that he isnt enough x

He is the only guy best friend I have. I am really picky with whom I refer to as a best friend. He is my first best friend I ever have in 19 years.
He doesn't stop me when I sleep on his shoulder either. He is sweet x

Yeah he know's I care and appreciate him :smile: x
Just curious, how old are you??
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Okay we are just best friends (nothing more). I am just surprised to see a guy that truly cares and loves me as a best friend. Today I broke my USB and out of anger I threw it across the table and it fell in a hole. I got upset over that and he tried 5-10 minutes to get it out. I told him to leave it, it doesn't work but he said but it still has your work saved on it. He eventually got it out... he put his arm down and reached.

Later I banged my head on the screen and fell over a chair. he grabbed my arm and asked whether I was okay... he even searched how to fix USB. I rested my head on his shoulders and grabbed his arm and he didn't tell me to leave... until 11:34pm as we had to go home.

He is such a great best friend. I had many guys come and go that said they care. But this dude seems like he truly cares a lot.

I care too, lol today he went to the toilet and didn't come back. It had been 20 mins I went to the gents toilets and knocked outside, nobody answered. So i went to a guy and told him the situation and whether he could check on him? I heard his voice behind "you looking for me?" I literally hit him like wth next time tell me! He said okay I will let u know next time :smile:

Feel blessed to have an amazing guy friend

This made me smile :smile:

You both unequivocally have a very special connection between you; savour it, use it to cultivate each other and let it blossom into something worthy of cherishing. There is nothing more special than true friendship; boyfriends/girlfriends come and go, people get divorced, but true friendship is eternal. If it turns into love, then I think you will have a very strong foundation for a relationship because there isn’t a stronger premise for a lifelong relationship than friendship.

Thanks for sharing this. Moments like these make life worth living. Cherish it before you become old and your heart wears out. Do it during your youth while your heart permits you to.
Reply 8
Original post by daniel_floyd_
Just curious, how old are you??

19 years why lol
Reply 9
A moment of silence for a brother.
19 years why lol

Just wondering if there's hope for me too. We're kinda in the same age bracket.
You are really lucky!
Reply 12
Original post by UWS

The friendzone took him😭
Reply 13
Another fallen soldier...He will be prayed for
Original post by Hal_01
Another fallen soldier...He will be prayed for

Original post by Hal_01
The friendzone took him😭

We are just best friends
Original post by daniel_floyd_
Just wondering if there's hope for me too. We're kinda in the same age bracket.

Hope for what exactly lol?

Original post by Unnamed User
You are really lucky!

I know :smile: xx

Original post by mafk80
This made me smile :smile:

You both unequivocally have a very special connection between you; savour it, use it to cultivate each other and let it blossom into something worthy of cherishing. There is nothing more special than true friendship; boyfriends/girlfriends come and go, people get divorced, but true friendship is eternal. If it turns into love, then I think you will have a very strong foundation for a relationship because there isn’t a stronger premise for a lifelong relationship than friendship.

Thanks for sharing this. Moments like these make life worth living. Cherish it before you become old and your heart wears out. Do it during your youth while your heart permits you to.

Aw that's so sweet :smile: <3 But it is true friendship is beautiful
Original post by UWS

eeeeeeeeeeey knew youd e in this thread uws

one cant become friendzoned as much as this guy fake thread
Original post by papasinthehouse
eeeeeeeeeeey knew youd e in this thread uws

one cant become friendzoned as much as this guy fake thread

This is not fakeee
We are just best friends

And to him you are a romantic interest.

Tell him you want your relationship to develop further past to being just best friends and see how he reacts to your proposition.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by knaawledge
And to him you are a romantic interest.

Tell him you want your relationship to develop further past to being just best friends and see how he reacts to your proposition.

You people overthink it's not like that

Quick Reply

Latest