The Student Room Group

Adding TSR users on social media

Have any of you added other users on social medias? I only really have school friends (but I am in my last year of sixth form so hopefully this will change) and was wondering if this was something people did on here (I only use IG and messenger). Thanks in advance :smile:
I have. But that's after months/years of getting to know someone.:wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
I have quite a few of them on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. I only recommend adding people you have talked to for a while and not random users because there are a lot of creeps on here.
Reply 3
Only after meeting them irl.
Only after many, many tinychat parties with them
I have 2 on snapchat. One of them is a popular but secretive user and one i took her snapchat for business AS help
I've got a bunch of mods (well, most of them are ex-mods now) that I've met at mod meets and staff who I know from my time working at head office, but I make a point of not adding anyone that I've never actually met.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
I have quite a few of them on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. I only recommend adding people you have talked to for a while and not random users because there are a lot of creeps on here.

Ah, I'm pretty **** at just talking to people online but that would be true
Reply 8
Original post by Drewski
Only after meeting them irl.

I'd rather view their social media to check they're a real person first tbh, but whatever goats your float :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I'd rather view their social media to check they're a real person first tbh, but whatever goats your float :smile:

Social media can be faked. Real life can't.

(And obviously the meets weren't solo, were public, etc)
Original post by UWS
there are a lot of creeps on here.
:hi:
me me me add me...i'm not a creep...i promise...if you want I can pinkie swear...just come at the window.
Why bother? They're never likely to be a close friend, which is actually true of most 'friends' people talk to on so-called 'social' media websites.
Having a phone conversation is a good way to make sure people are real as well.:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest