The Student Room Group

Student finance

So bascailly I’ve applied to student finance and it told me to add my parents details, I’ve completed my application but it says it’s waiting on my parents reply to the email they were sent, my parents have received the email but they don’t want to help fund me so can’t fully complete my application. Does anyone know what I should do as my parents won’t help me out with money and do you have to provide you parents details when applying ? as I did, and now I don’t know whether I should restart my application.
Original post by S.yates_99
So bascailly I’ve applied to student finance and it told me to add my parents details, I’ve completed my application but it says it’s waiting on my parents reply to the email they were sent, my parents have received the email but they don’t want to help fund me so can’t fully complete my application. Does anyone know what I should do as my parents won’t help me out with money and do you have to provide you parents details when applying ? as I did, and now I don’t know whether I should restart my application.

Your parent still have to fill it out. They don't have to give you any money - it just helps assess how much money you'll get in maintenance loan. It sucks, but lots of students have parents who don't give them money, despite having a low maintenance loan. If your parents choose not to provide their income details, you'll be non-income assessed, which means you'll likely get the minimum or closer to the minimum amount. However if your parents provide your details then (depending how much they earn) you could actually get a decent loan which could cover your accommodation. You'll probably have to get a part-time job. It's recommended to be income assessed because you could get a higher loan, which will always be helpful. Your parents are in no way obligated to give you any money, but student finance assumes parents will help you out (incorrect assumption, but that's another thing).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending