Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My best friend is becoming my not so best friend. We drifted apart years ago and rekindled our relationship when I moved back to our hometown. Over the years she never seemed to mature, and shes starting to expres this immaturity now that we are both almost in college.
I wnated to hold onto our memories but im starting to see how pathetic she really is.
One thing that bothers me the most is how sneaky she is. She truely isn't a goof friend at all. For example...
I broke up with my boyfriend of a year and a half just after moving out of my family home. We decided we were drifting apart and our age gap was getting in the way. I had a big future ahead of me and things didn't workout. A few weeks after we broke up I had found out my own sister was speaking to him, I at first thought this was his way of connecting with me because I had him removed from all social media. Later I found out they had been sexting. This hurt me a lot and I went to my best friend when I was upset. I cried to her and she knew how bad this hurt me.

A week later my best friend calls me hysterically crying, she tells me shes on her way to my school and she needs to see me urgently. I panicked not knwoing hwat happened. When she got her she admitted to sexting my ex boyfriend and allowing him to come pick her up to hook up.

I was so disgusted by her actions, but shes my best friend. I was more mad at my ex. I overlooked these two situations with my sister and best friend. I decided it was just my ex's way and hurting me and I wasn't going to be hurt by it anymore. I know my sister and best friend are both extremely insecure people and he's manipulative so I can see how this all played out.
Choosing not to let the situation hurt me seemed like the mature thing to do. I moved on fromt he situation got a new boyfriend and was surprised with how happy i was.

I still have zero trust in my best friend nor sister, but i also don't bring up what they did to me either.

Recently I had a night out with my best friend, a night I will regret forever.
In the midst of our night she confessed she was sleeping with her cousins husband! Before we could talk about it our other friends showed up at the party and we cut the conversation short. Now that we arent drunk my friend won't talk about it.
I am also close with her cousin, her cousin grew up with her and was sort of like a big sister. I couldn't believe how disrespectful my est friend was. She babysits their daughter weekly, and is very very close with her cousin.
I understand eveyone has their fantcies but my bestfriend never thinks of how taking action on those desires ruins people.
I wnat to confront her and make her confess her affair with her cousins boyfriend.
Im at a point where I don't care if i loose her as a best friend. i have moved on from her and I don't trust her around any of my own friends. She spills my secrets, and tries sleeping with my boyfriend.
I hate her with a passion and keeping all of this inside is making me hate her even more.
Is it wrong for me to confront her, or her cousin?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise